Whitewater Rafting on the Chirripó River from San Jose
Get a taste of Costa Rica's untamed rivers on a Chirripó River whitewater rafting trip. Located just an hour’s drive from San Jose, this section of the Chirripó River thrills rafters with continuous action on a series of Class III rapids! Your expert guide provides all instruction and equipment for the day; you bring your sense of adventure. Be prepared to get wet and paddle hard as you rush along this spectacularly scenic river, surrounded by dense forest. Choose a morning or midday departure and relax while eating a tasty lunch at a local restaurant.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned van or coach (depending on the group size)
- Certified guide
- All river-rafting equipment
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Irazu Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
After pickup at your central San Jose hotel, travel by comfortable coach on a scenic 1-hour journey to the Chirripó River.
Once you arrive at the river, take in the stunning scenery of red rock and lush green vegetation. Near the Irazu volcano, the river sports an orange tint from volcanic sulphur deposits that have washed into the water. Your expert guide provides a safety briefing, paddling instructions and all rafting equipment as you get outfitted in your lifejacket, helmet and paddle. Then you're ready to hit the river!
Stop At: Chirripo National Park, San Gerardo de Rivas Costa Rica
Enjoy the adrenaline rush as you raft through waves and holes on more than 20 Class III rapids. Expect to spend about two hours on the river with a lot of action throughout the adventure. At the halfway point, refuel at a rest stop where your guide provides a platter of fresh tropical fruit.
Stop At: Parque Nacional Braulio Carrillo, North Of San Jose 19 km, San Jose 10104 Costa Rica
After the fun and thrills of rafting the Chirripó River, dry off and enjoy the delicious eats as you share stories about your rafting adventures. While riding back to San Jose, take in the beautiful landscape around you as you pass through Braulio Carrillo National Park.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
On the arrival at the hotel the tour guide is going to ask in the reception of the hotel for the client
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 12 years
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Please bring a swimsuit, towel, sandals and a change of clothes
- Note: During the rainy season, the tour is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date/tour option
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.