Whitewater swimming (hydrospeed) on the Ubaye
Sport and technical discipline par excellence, Hydrospeed is the whitewater sport for thrill seekers, you will be one with your float but also with the river thus discovering extreme sensations of gliding and well being alongside your guide who can advise you.
The hydrospeed navigation courses offered are accessible from 12 years old for good swimmers.
Palmage exercises in the river, eskimo roll, surf, candles will be offered to give you new sensations.
Combining the techniques of canoeing and sport swimming with fins, hydrospeed is also called whitewater swimming.
Beginners, sportsmen and thrill seekers, we offer different routes adapted to your technical level and your physical condition.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- suitable technical equipment meeting CE standards (don't forget your swimsuit and pair of shoes): 5 mm neoprene suit, 5 mm neoprene jacket, safety vest, helmet, paddle
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Take your towels if you wish to rinse or wash after the activity with the use of our private showers intended for you.
- Think about your swimsuit and shoes that will get wet
We will be pleased to provide you with suitable technical equipment that meets CE standards for your comfort and safety (don't forget your swimsuit and pair of shoes). :
5 mm neoprene wetsuit
5 mm neoprene jacket or kway
Once equipped, you will leave with your guide for explanations on the handling of the paddle and safety for the descent. Once the explanations are finished, you will set off to face the rapids of the Ubaye river.
Departure Point :EVP - Eau Vive Passion (Ubaye), Village du Martinet base du four à Chaux, 04340 Méolans-Revel, France
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Wearing a mask during transport at the end of the activity
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.