Whitney Plantation and Manchac Swamp Kayak Tour Combo
A Rich Cultural and Ecological Experience of Louisiana!
The Swamp Kayak Tour, Cajun Food, Plantation Tour Experience:
• Transportation to and from New Orleans
• Intermediate Paddle through Manchac Swamp
• Perfect for Groups looking for a great time
• Learn the history and importance of this unique ecosystem
• Paddle past Cypress and Tupelo groves
• Stop at B&C Seafood Restaurant for Cajun cuisine (Option to Purchase Food)
• Guided Tour of the beautiful Whitney Plantation
• Visit the Museum, Baptist Church, and Gift Shop
• Take photos of the Live Oak corridor that leads up to the “Big House”
per adult from
What's included :
- Paddle Lesson
What's excluded :
- Gratuity is not included in kayak tour price. Your guide works hard to ensure your safety and well-being, please let them know if you had a good time.
Explore the Manchac Swamp, the second biggest cypress swamp in North America in tandem or single sit-on-top kayaks (think stable and easy).
As you adventure through the spanish moss laden cypress swamp, a knowledgeable guide will share stories and give an overview of the benefits and trials the swamp is currently facing.
We do NOT feed the wildlife and the animals; alligators, turtles, birds are non threatening.
After our kayak tour, we head to B & C Seafood where we stop for an opportunity to experience some Cajun food. (You have the option to purchase food) Step out of your comfort zone and try some fried alligator, gulf oysters, crawfish, soft shell crab, frog legs or keep it simple and get the smoked rabbit gumbo. If you don't want to push your palate, then I suggest the red beans and rice. A southern staple! After a fun lunch, we venture off to the Whitney Plantation.
The Whitney Plantation offers you an opportunity to experience the story of plantation life in Louisiana from the perspective of those enslaved. It does a good job of not glorifying the ownership.
The 45 min drive home gives you a quick chance to nap prior to hitting the town.
• Kayak Swamp Tours, 437 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA 70116-2014
• Whitney Plantation, 5099 Highway 18, Wallace, LA 70049-2803
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up is at Nola Cantina 437 Esplanade. Please be waiting 1 hour and 15 minutes before tour start time.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- ADDED BONUS
- Thank you for reserving your tour with us! As an added BONUS, and as a token of our appreciation, use promo code WALK17 to receive 10% off one of our famous Walking Tours.. [Check out our French Quarter or Garden District/Lafayette Cemetery Tour HERE](http://https://neworleanskayakswamptours.com/
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.