Wicklow And Glendalough Tour From Dublin
Embark on a journey that takes you from the hustle and bustle of Dublin to the “Garden of Ireland”- Wicklow County .Departing from Dublin city center, we make our way along to such beautiful sites as the Glendalough Monastic site, Baltinglass Abbey, and a scenic drive across the Sally Gap. Additionally, we bring you to a working farm deep in the heart of Wicklow.The Wicklow area is full of historical and farming sites nestled within the mountains- come and explore them with us!
per adult from
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Live commentary on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Wicklow Mountains National Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Molly Malone Statue, Suffolk Street, Dublin Ireland
Depart from Dublin at 08:30am. Meet your guide and fellow travellers at the Molly Malone Statue on Suffolk Street to begin an unforgettable day exploring Co. Wicklow, known as the 'Garden of Ireland'.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Baltinglass Abbey, Church Lane, Wicklow Ireland
Our first stop is Baltinglass where you will have half an hour to grab a coffee and have a good browse around the 12 Century abbey founded by Dermot Mac Murrough the then King of Leinster. This is a fantastic ruin with a combination of Cistercian and Irish Romanesque architecture. The arches are the Abbeys most prominent feature with alternate round and square pillars. Explore the ruins and discover some intricate carvings.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Wicklow Mountains National Park, Glendalough Village Ireland
Experience the working side of Wicklow with a visit to a working Irish sheep farm. Meet your friendly local farmer Ed who will introduce you to his life, from the diverse farming practices of sheep farming to organic vegetable growing. The highlight of this stop is a sheepdog exhibition where farmer Ed will coral the sheep with his trusty border collies. We are the only tour company that introduces you to the real working and living side of Wicklow!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Lynhams of Laragh, Ballard, Laragh, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
We travel along the Wicklow Way to the scenic village of Laragh where you can enjoy lunch in Lynhams of Laragh (lunch not included).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Glendalough Monastic Settlement, Ireland
We then visit the beautiful valley and Monastic site of Glendalough. Here was where Saint Kevin settled in the 6th Century, evidence of which still can be seen via 10th/ 11th Century monastic site perched between the hills. Explore the monastic site and take in your surroundings and let your spirit run free. Here you get 1.5 hours to discover the area, before we continue our journey.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: The Wicklow Gap, Wicklow Gap Road Ireland
After departing Glendalough you will travel over the Wicklow gap and sample the incredible views across the pristine Wicklow mountains. The road through the gap is one of the highest roads in Ireland and the climb was featured in the 1998 Tour De France when the 85th edition of the race visited the emerald isle.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Extreme Ireland, Dublin Ireland
We arrive back in Dublin’s fair city at around 5:30 pm. Thanks for joining us!
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Molly Malone Statue, Suffolk St, Dublin 2, D02 KX03, Ireland
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks are provided at an extra cost Please note the H&S measures may change due to government guidelines.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.