Wieliczka Salt Mine Guided tour from Krakow with a private car
You will start a tour in Krakow, where you’re picked up directly from your hotel/apartment. Journey to the Wieliczka Salt Mine and, upon arriving, make the descent 440 feet (135 meters) below ground, passing through tunnels and chambers
The English guided tour in the Mine will takes approximately 2-2,5 hours. Your tour in run through each unique chamber. Hear the legend of the Hungarian princess, Kinga, whose dowry included the salt mines when she married Boleslaw the Shy over 700 years ago. Explore the ornate Chapel of the Blessed Kinga, with altarpieces and chandeliers made from natural salt deposits, and visit an underground salt-mining exhibition.
After your tour the driver will taes you back to Krakow.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local English speaking guide provided by musuem
- Transport by air-conditioned car or minivan
- Pick up and drop off from your hotel/apartment (door to door service)
- Entry fee/admission to the Salt Mine
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Krakow's Rynek Glowny Central Square, Rynek Glowny, Krakow Poland
We will pick you up from your hotel,apartment in the morning. Pick up time will be between 08:00-09:00am.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Wieliczka Salt Mine, Jana Mikolaja Danilowicza 10, Wieliczka 32-020 Poland
Wieliczka Salt Mine is one of the most precious and fascinating Polish monuments. The first tourist trail in Wieliczka was established as early as the beginning of the19th century. A couple of centuries later the salt mine was designated as one of the first UNESCO World Heritage Sites (1978). The underground path leads through numerous drifts, galleries and chambers, where traces of mining activity have been preserved, as well as examples of art, theme compositions relating to the history of the mine and its legends. Moreover, the microclimate of the mine has a beneficial impact on visitors who suffer from asthma and allergies. Wieliczka is the world's largest mining heritage museum with a collection encompassing unique pieces of mining equipment reflecting the development of mining techniques from the Middle Ages until today. The tour starts with a descent of 64 meters by stairs. You are then led through a number of chambers and shown underground lakes, shrines and salt monuments. The trip finishes at the level of 135 meters below the surface and the return to the surface is by lift.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up directly from your hotel/apartment located in Krakow. The pick up time will be between 8:00-9:00am (to be confirm two days before your trip)
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/21/2020 - 12/22/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.