Wild animal tracking in Kazlų Rūda forest and visit to family farm 'Villa Oak'
Kazlų Rūdos forest is one of the largest forests in Lithuania and is situated very close to Kaunas city. Due to it's geographical location, a lot of large animals live or may be seen there. That is why hunters, trackers and nature photographers love this forest. I will guide you through the places where we will be most likely to find animal tracks and other marks of their activity (or even get see animals themselves). I will tell you about the art of tracking and we will taste wild edible plants and examine rocks as we go.
Afterwards we will vist cozy family farm 'Villa Oak', where you can see, pet and feed all sorts of domestic animals. There we will have dinner of traditional country food.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Dinner - We will prepare traditional country meal (vegan available)
- Bottled water
- Snacks - We will provide traditional outdoors snakcs on the hike
- Entry/Admission - Mobilusis Laiškininkas
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kazlu Rudos mokomoji misku uredija, Miškininkų g. 1, Kazlų Rūda 69421, Lithuania
We will hike through the Kajackaraistis moorland in Kazlų Rūdos forest. Moose, deers, roes, bores, foxes, hares, cranes, wolves and other wild animals and birds may be seen there. We will definitely find their tracks and other marks. You will learn to distinguish between tracks of different families of animals. You will learn what these tracks tell about the movement of the animal and maybe even it's goals.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Mobilusis Laiškininkas, J. Basanavičiaus g. 6A, Kazlų Rūda 69415, Lithuania
Cozy family farm by the name 'Villa Oak' is located in Ąžuolų Būda village. It is the place one can experience country life with lots of domestic animals: sheep, goats, dogs, cats, a pony, ducks, hens and geese. Visitors can pet the animals, feed them, take pictures with them, children can ride a pony. Adults can try out haymaking with a sickle, making of traditional 'kastinys' spread and taste traditional food and drinks.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Birštono g. 18A, Kaunas 44288, Lithuania
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any point in the vicinity of Kaunas city
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.