Wild North Iceland Exploration by Super Jeep from Reykjavik
Exploration by Super Jeep of hidden beauty of this part of Iceland surrounded by Arctic Ocean with an amazing richness of the wildlife & numerous scenic stops…
Highlights of the Tour include Bifröst (A walk through twin craters), Kolugljúfur (Two scenic waterfalls in a giant canyon), Borgarvirki (The columnar basalt fortress), Vatnsnes (The home of the largest seal colonies in Iceland), Hvammstangi (A quiet and peaceful town), Hvítserkur (Troll or geological oddity?)
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip transportation
- Professional guidance
- Wifi connection
- Hot drinks on board
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- What you will see:
Bifröst: On the way towards the North, we will stop for a pleasant walk through twin craters Grábrók and Grábrókarfell. The Grábrók crater was formed in a fissure eruption approximately 3400 years ago. The sight from here is absolutely stunning. Grábrókarfell is a smaller crater covered with moss and birch bushes. These extraordinary reliefs offer an unforgettable vision.
Kolugljúfur: A magnificent 2 km long and 20-25 m deep canyon with waterfalls, which are named Kolufossar due to the local folktale about the Troll woman Kola. Driving to the side of the canyon and looking at this peaceful river drops into the gorge in two scenic waterfalls are a powerful experience. This sight will not let you unmoved.
Borgarvirki : The “Citadel” is a columnar basalt fortress and a volcanic plug. It is an unique natural phenomenon, altered by humans in earlier centuries. The sagas explain, that the fortress was used for Viking military purposes. It is one of Iceland´s most notable historic sites. There are steps leading up to the top. As you reach the top, there is a wide panoramic view over a large part of the region and a viewfinder is in place to help locate some of the important landmarks. The view from there is absolutely awesome.
Vatnsnes: It is a paradise for photographers and nature lovers. This place is deemed to be the best place to approach one of the biggest colonies of seals in Iceland. Do not miss this incredible spectacle of seals basking on the rocks and looking out of the corner of their eye the curious traveler. With any luck, it will even be possible to see mothers breastfeed their young. You will get closer to this nature than you had ever imagine. A wild and uninhabited finger of land with superb views out over incredible landscapes.
Hvammstangi: The only town of the peninsula. A quiet and peaceful place. A typical area full of charm, beautiful landscapes, great views of the mountains…
Hvítserkur : It is the most famous Icelandic rock. The legend tells that Hvítserkur was a troll with three legs who wanted to destroy the monastery Þingeyrar by bombarding it with a large rock and who forgot to retreat from the light and was turned to stone in the sunrise. The stunning silhouette of this rock have inspired many legends and nicknames. Emerging from the water, this massive basalt block of 15 meters high, looks like a troll, an elephant or a dinosaur, it is up to your imagination… You can see many birds shelter in every corner of the rock cut out by the erosion of the ocean. Hvítserkur rock offers a landscape which constantly moves at the rhythm of time and tides. It delivers a stunning and powerful sight and show.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.