Wild Wicklow Tour including Glendalough from Dublin
The Wild Wicklow Tour from Dublin is the perfect introduction to Wicklow's stunning landscapes and ancient monastic site at Glendalough. During this one day "off the beaten track" coach tour you will see glacial valleys, barren boglands, mountain lakes (incl. the Guinness Lake) and famous locations from movies including Vikings, PS I Love You and Braveheart.
This guided tour operates at a relaxed pace. Guests have plenty of time to enjoy each stop, to take photos, to walk the valley of two lakes and savour the natural beauty of the countryside all within 1 hour drive from Dublin.
The guides are all local and have endless informative and amusing stories to share. The Wild Wicklow Tour lunch stop (own cost) is in a cosy village pub where guests can enjoy a Guinness stew by a roaring fire.
The day is wrapped up with a complimentary toast of Jameson Irish whiskey as the guests sit back, relax and enjoy the return journey .
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Complimentary tasting of Irish Whiskey
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 41 passengers)
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sandycove, Sandycove, County Dublin
In the morning, meet your guide and coach at one of the central Dublin pickup locations. Grab a comfortable seat and enjoy the drive out of the city, passing sites not commonly seen by tourists such as the exclusive suburbs of Sandycove and Dalkey with amazing sea views. Then cut away form the city and take in rocky coastal scenery as you head into the Wicklow Mountains.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Avoca Kilmacanoge, Kilmacanoge North, Kilmacanogue, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
This stop brings you to Avoca Handweavers, Kilmacanogue. Enjoy a coffee and homemade scone or shop for fine handmade goods (own expense).
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sally Gap, Wicklow Mountains, Wicklow Ireland
Then re-board the coach and head into the Wicklow Mountains National Park and Sally Gap. View the park’s upper slopes, blanketed in heather and bog before stopping at Lough Tay (The Guinness Lake" ) a true wonder and film location for Braveheart, PS I Love You and current series of Vikings.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Lynhams of Laragh, Ballard, Laragh, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
Afterward, your group will visit a traditional Irish pub for lunch (own expense). Relax, savour Irish home-cooking and sip on a creamy Guinness before heading to the glacial valley of Glendalough.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Glendalough Monastic Settlement, Ireland
Throughout history, visitors have come to ‘the valley of the two lakes’ for its mystical history, archaeology, and unique wildlife. The monastic city of Glendalough, founded in the 6th century by St. Kevin, was once an active locale featuring areas for manuscript writing and copying, an infirmary, guest houses, and a monastery. Now it offers guests a peek into Ireland’s rich cultural history. Enjoy a guided tour of the many sites including the Round Tower, and have some free time to explore on your own. Here you have the option to walk to the Upper lake though ancient forests.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Sugarloaf Drive, Sugarloaf Dr, Kilmacanoge North, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
Back on the luxury Coach for a free tot of Jamerson Whiskey. Time to talk and think as you start back on our return journey to Dublin. Your 8.5-hour tour drops off at Dublin’s Ballsbridge Hotel or Trinity College in the evening.
Departure Point :1: The Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin, Co. Dublin, Ireland
2: Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin, 23 O'Connell Street Upper, North City, Dublin, D01 C3W7, Ireland
3: Ballsbridge Hotel, Pembroke Road Ballsbridge, Dublin, D04 D687, Ireland
Return Detail :1: Ballsbridge Hotel, Pembroke Road Ballsbridge, Dublin, D04 D687, Ireland
2: Trinity College, Dublin, Co. Dublin, Ireland
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 5 years (this tour is not suitable for infants)
- Minimum numbers apply in winter months. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 41 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.