Wilderness Survival Tour - Winter
Experience the wild Taiga forest and what the Lapland wilderness has best to offer. On this tour, you will feel the peace of the arctic nature, hike through the snowy forests, and learn about your surroundings and some basic survival skills..
The Wilderness Survival Tour is a very special opportunity to those who wish to wander into the forest to try and get a glimpse of the spectacular and elusive Finnish wildlife and natural beauty of Lapland. This tour is also intended to be very educational : your guide will share with you their knowledge and passion about nature, and teach you about the secrets of Finnish nature as well as some basic survival skills.
The tour has different levels of difficulty depending on your ability, your guide will discuss this with you upon pick up and between you, the best route will be decided.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Professional Winter Clothing and Boots
What's excluded :
This safari will take you out of Rovaniemi, straight into the Taiga forest and its beautiful nature. Accompanied by your guide, you will explore the beauties of Lapland forest, learn more about the trees, plants, their properties, wildlife... You will also be taught how to use your surroundings to make a fire and some other basic survival skills.
The tour operates all year round, with specific features attached to each season. In the winter time, you will enjoy views of huge snow drifts, white trails and frozen trees, with very cold temperatures that may drop down to -30C! You will learn about the footprints you find around you in the snow: tracks made by wolves, lynx, wolverines, moose, reindeer, weasles, Arctic hare and many more. For Summer and Autumn, the tour is adapted and you may find a separate description of our "Wilderness Survival - Summer & Autumn" in our Summer Tours section.
Refreshments and a typical Finnish barbecue snack will be provided halfway, as your guide will lit a fire to keep you warm. This is a great opportunity for your guide to show you how to build a fire as natives do.
• Lapland, Lapland
Departure Point :Kansankatu 14, 96100 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from hotels (reception) and private accommodations in Rovaniemi. We will inform you about your pick-up time one day prior to the tour.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.