Windmills of Don Quixote Wine Tour from Madrid
Embark on this 10-hours wine tour with a touch of adventure where you will visit a great winery with good wines and superb history.We try in all our tours to visit a second winery. We have lunch in a very good restaurant not too expensive (20/25 euros). And we visit the windmills of don Quixote on the most biggest surface of vineyards of the world. The best pairing.
per adult from
What's included :
- Wine tasting
- All activities
- Small group tour
- Transport by air conditioned vehicle
- Local Professional Guide
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- If you accept this activity, you will visit a remarkable winery in Don Quixote´s land, one of the most popular books in the history of literature thanks to the brilliant work from Miguel de Cervantes (a successful Spanish writer from the 17th century)
La Mancha is the the largest surface of vineyard in the world and is also considered as one of the best areas in Spain in order to grow high-quality grapes. Nowadays, some of the best Spanish companies are now opening new wineries in such area and those initiatives are generating a lot of wealth and employment there.
According to the experts, the local producers have been improving its wineries by introducing the latest technological developments within the region they operate, as well as maintaining the oldest ones in order to satisfy the consumers´ needs. La Mancha can be considered as one of the most picturesque areas of Spain for that reason without forgeting other tourist attractions like the medieval town of Toledo, for example. There are also other historic medieval towns and villages we should consider such as Consuegra, Campo de Criptana and La Mota del Cuervo, all of them with amazing windmills, hiking trails and birdwatching facilities. And we will try to do it with a glass of wine in hand. We consider that things will be better with a glass of wine in hand.
We will also have lunch at some well-known restaurants where people can taste some typical dishes of this specific area. If you are interested in the Spanish way of life, you should definitely try its national food. If you want to carry out the same activities like the ones from the local people, you should eat the same recipes and visit some some interesting places there.
The tour Program
Depart from Madrid
Guided visit to winery.
Activity in the afternoon
Depart to Madrid.
Departure Point :Hotel Claridge, Plaza del Conde de Casal, 6, 28007 Madrid, Spain
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.