Window Cave and Indian Cave private tour with an archaeologist as guide
Explore the famous Window Cave and Indian Cave with an Archaeologist as your guide! Ride in the comfort of our Audi Q7 luxury SUV! In this experience you will visit the Window Cave park and take a guided tour through the cave complex. After, we head to the coast to enjoy the beautiful natural scenery of the Cueva del Indio marine reserve. Here we get to see the famous Indian Cave and the dozens of mysterious petroglyphs that are etched into the stone. Your guide, an expert in archaeology, will reveal to you the secrets of the petroglyphs and their enigmatic meaning. This tour last between 5 and 6 hours, the price of the tour includes entrance tickets to the caves.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Private tour
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Pick up is at 845am at your hotel or location in the San Juan metropolitan area. It´s an hour ride to the window cave which is our first stop, this leg of the tour is about 1hr and 30 min. The experience includes a short hike through the forest and into the cave complex where you visit two caves including the famous natural window that lets you have an amazing view of the Arecibo river valley and canyon. After the window cave you have the choice of stopping for lunch at a classic local bbq place(not included in price) or we continue to the second leg of the tour, the indian cave on the coast of the town of Arecibo. Here we hike through the rocky outcrops that line the beach towards the cave which is located in these outcrops. Depending on your physical ability, you can descend into the cave through a very narrow passage. Inside the cave you will be amazed by the dozens of different petroglyhs carved into the rock. After the cave we keep treking on the rocks to check out the beautiful natural rock arches that line the coast. Finally we head back to the San Juan metropolitan area back to your hotel or location. All tickets and entrances to the caves are included in the price.
Departure Point :San Juan, San Juan, Puerto Rico
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.