Windsor Castle Admission Ticket
Windsor Castle is the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world. It is open to visitors all year round. Founded by William the Conqueror in the 11th century, it has since been the home of 39 monarchs. Today The Queen spends most of her private weekends at the Castle.
Whether your interest is in fine art, architecture or history, Windsor Castle offers an extraordinarily varied day out.
The State Apartments are furnished with some of the most impressive items from the Royal Collection, including paintings by Rembrandt, Van Dyck and Rubens, Henry VIII’s armour and the bullet that killed Lord Admiral Nelson in the Battle of Trafalgar.
Your ticket also includes St George’s Chapel, one of the most beautiful ecclesiastical buildings in England. The Chapel was the setting for the recent weddings of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, and Princess Eugenie and Mr Jack Brooksbank
per adult from
150 to 180 minutes
What's included :
- Entrance Ticket
- Multimedia guide
- Entry/Admission - Windsor Castle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Visit: Windsor Castle, Castle Hill, Windsor SL4 1PD England
Windsor Castle is the oldest and largest inhabited castle in the world. It has been the family home of British kings and queens for almost 1,000 years and is today one of the official residences of Her Majesty The Queen. In May 2018, the Castle was provided a spectacular backdrop to the wedding of Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, which took place in St George's Chapel.
Occupying over 10.5 hectares, the Castle offers a varied day out for visitors, including a visit to the magnificent State Apartments and St George's Chapel, and an opportunity to see the tiny treasures of Queen Mary's Dolls' House. The Castle's State Apartments are furnished with some of the finest works from the Royal Collection, reflecting the changing tastes of the Castle's royal occupants, particularly those of Charles II and George IV. Among the masterpieces on display are paintings by Holbein, Rubens and Van Dyck, Sèvres porcelain and exquisite English and French furniture. Many of the works of art are still in the historic settings for which they were first collected or commissioned by the kings and queens who have lived at Windsor.
Visitors can take a self-guided tour of the Castle with a free multimedia tour. From September to March, visitors can also walk through the sumptuous Semi-State Apartments, which served as the private rooms of George IV in the 19th century.
Departure Point :Windsor Castle, Castle Hill, Windsor SL4 1PD England
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The Castle is at the top of a steep hill, and the visitor route covers long distances. We recommend you wear comfortable shoes.
- The Admission Centre is busiest from opening and throughout the morning. For the best experience please book your tickets in advance and arrive after midday.
- When you arrive, you will pass through an airport-style security check. Read more about security & luggage.
- You can take photographs outside the Castle buildings, but not inside or within St George's Chapel. Read about photography, filming & mobile phones.
- Eating and drinking aren't allowed inside the State Apartments or St George’s Chapel. To visit a café or restaurant in the town, you can pick up a re-entry permit.
- Pushchairs can be used around the Castle grounds, but need to be checked in near the entrance to the State Apartments. Read more about visiting with children.
- There are toilets and baby-care facilities around the Castle.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This ticket does not include a 1-Year Pass
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.