Windsurfing Lesson in Barcelona
Learn to windsurf in Barcelona during a lesson at one of the city’s top watersports locations near Port Olímpic. As an expert local instructor paddles alongside you, master some of the windsurfing basics, or hone your skills if you can windsurf already. The lesson is tailored to your ability, and water conditions near the scenic Nova Icària beach are typically calm. All equipment is provided; you just need to bring your bathing suit, sunscreen and adventurous spirit! Numbers are limited to nine on this small-group experience, ensuring personalized attention.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional instructor
- Windsurf board
- Use of changing rooms and lockers
What's excluded :
- Wetsuit/waterproof jacket rental (recommended during the fall/winter season)
- Meet your expert instructor and small group at Port Olímpic in Barcelona. After changing into your bathing suit (wetsuits are also provided on site for you to use at your own expense, if you wish), hop into a Zodiac as your windsurfing equipment is towed behind you. Upon reaching the waters in front of Nova Icària beach, you'll run through some of the basics with your instructor.
Learn about the points of sail (the board’s course in relation to the wind), and hear pointers for changing your course once out on the water. If you have windsurfed before, chat about any issues you may have encountered and listen to tips to overcome them. Then, take to the sea to try out your technique! Under the watchful eye of your instructor swimming next to you, learn how to jump up on your windsurf board, keep your balance and ‘tack’ (zigzag) around the sea.
After practicing some basic exercises on the water, enjoy up to an hour of free navigation to hone to your skills. If you need further help or advice, your instructor is always nearby. If you can tear your eyes away from the water, admire the scenery that surrounds you; the blonde sands of Nova Icària beach frame one of Barcelona’s lovely tree-lined promenades.
When your lesson finishes, return to Port Olímpic to get changed, shower and drop off your equipment before bidding your guide goodbye.
Departure Point :Port Olímpic, 08005 Barcelona, Spain
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Port Olímpic, central BarcelonaDirections: Centre Municipal de velaMoll de gregal S/N, Port Olimpic08005 BarcelonaDates: DailyReturn point: Returns to original departure pointPorts
- Port Olímpic, Edifici Capitanía S/N, 08005 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :Lessons take place between 11am and 7pm (March 1 to October 31) and 11am and 5pm (November 1 to February 28)
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring comfortable footwear (trainers or deck shoes), a bathing suit, towel, sunscreen, t-shirt, sun hat and socks
- In cooler weather, a neoprene or waterproof jacket is recommended
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.