Wine & Food Experience in the Historic Market of Padua
The Market of Padua is in the centre of the city, in a great building called Palazzo della Ragione, built in 1218. The upper floor, called Il Salone, is a great hall, one of the largest medieval halls of the world. On the ground floor of the Salone, the so called “Sotto il Salone”, are hosted various delicatessen shops where you can find all sort of local specialties.
The Mini-Tasting Tours are itinerant menus across the shops and you can enjoy the tastings in street food mode.
Upon confirmation of booking you will receive your tasting itinerary.The tour does not include accompanying guides but is autonomous.During the tasting tour it'll be the local shopkeepers who will tell and explain you about their dishes and about the typical local food and drinks.
“Sotto il Salone” is not a Restaurant, it is a covered market. The tour takes place in street food mode. The guest should not expect to sit at a table to have a lunch. The covered market shelters guests in case of rain but is a building with “open” galleries. In the autumn-winter months the temperatures are those outside.
Tasting menu example: 1 Glass of wine, 1 Tasting of Mountain Cottage Cheese, 1 Sorana-Carpaccio (Young Beef carpaccio) with chunks of Parmesan cheese.
per adult from
1 to 4 hours
What's included :
- The tasting tour chosen with 3/4 tastings.
- Special discount on some product in some shops
- Traditional Italian life
- Insurance and technical organization of a certified travel agency
What's excluded :
- Everyting not indicated
- No accompainment, the tour is sef-guided
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sotto il Salone, Palazzo della Ragione, Padua Italy
The Market of Padua is in the centre of the city, in a great building called Palazzo della Ragione. On the ground floor, the so called “Sotto il Salone”, are hosted various delicatessen shops where you can find all sort of local specialties. Here you will find the butchers, the fishmonger, the greengrocers and many other shops.
TASTING TOUR IS GUARANTEED from Tuesday to Friday 9.00am to 1.00pm and from Thursday to Saturday from 4.00 to 7.30pm
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Sotto Il Salone, 35122 Padova PD, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/5/2021 - 12/31/2021
Tuesday - Saturday: 09:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- The experience takes place in a covered market. The tastings are in street food mode (standing). It is recommended to consider that it is not a seated tasting nor a lunch in a restaurant, especially if there are children or elderly people. Remember that you will be in a market, it is not heated, in winter it could be very cold. In case of rain, remember that the market is covered.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.