Wine and Food Experience with sommelier
The wine world is all about passion, history, culture and food pairing. As a sommelier it gives me pleasure to be able to share my knowledge of wine with other people. I am full of information and truly want everyone to have a great experience.
The Wine and Food Experience in Montepulciano is a unique and unforgettable experience. On this tour we visit a historical family winery where we taste four quality wines paired with local food.
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Lunch - Antipasto consisting of local meats and cheeses; pasta specialty; almond and chocolate biscuits
- Visit winery and Etruscan Tomb
- Sommelier guide
- Alcoholic Beverages - Four quality wines
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Montepulciano, Montepulciano, Tuscany
Meeting point is the Piazza Grande where I start telling you about the story of the wine Vino Nobile di Montepulciano. Meanwhile I show you some of the symbols of Florence’s authority through art and architecture.
Pass By: Gattavecchi Winery, Via di Collazzi 74 Loc. Santa Maria, 53045, Montepulciano Italy
After our conversation and short introduction we walk to the winery. The historical winery is beautifully renovated. It has direct view of the Tuscan landscape and San Biagio church.
This beautiful wine cellar is found under a church which belonged to a 12th century monastery “Convento dei Padri Serviti”.
The wine cellar is filled with Slavonian oak barrels where the wine ages up to two years. The temperature is stable and the humidity is optimal. It is a perfect location for storage and aging of wine.
By walking through the wine cave we discover a wonderful treasure of an ancient Etruscan Tomb dating back to the 6th century BC.
At the end of the tour in the wine cellar we taste the fabulous wines and food at the restaurant.
Departure Point :Piazza Grande, 53045 Montepulciano SI, Italy
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Cantina Gattavecchi Visite e Degustazioni, Via di Collazzi, 72, 53045 Montepulciano SI, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- It is necessary to bring a face mask with you.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.