Wine Blending Session with Winemaker and Tasting in Sydney
Two-hour blending session with winemaker
Blend your own wine
Enjoy a NSW Cheese & Charcuterie Platter
Take home a bottle of A.Retief Wine
Session lead by Head Winemaker
per adult from
What's included :
- Two-hour blending session with winemaker
- Blend your own wine
- Blind-tasted and judged
- NSW Cheese & Charcuterie Board
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales
Learn what goes into making the perfect glass of incredibly well-balanced red wine.
Urban Winery Sydney’s blending sessions are one of the more entertaining and informative classes. Separated into groups, sit down with our head winemaker Alex Retief and be taken through six single variety red wines, exploring the aroma, structure and palate-feel of each.
Each group is then given measuring cylinders and half an hour to come up with their favourite blend, for example, mixing 50 percent shiraz, 30 percent merlot, 10 percent petit verdot and 10 percent tempranillo. These ‘favourite blends’ are then collated and poured to the groups, so they can be blind-tasted and judged by everyone involved – with an ultimate winner appointed on the day.
Our guests will sit amongst the wine barrels in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs, however feel as though they have been transported to the vineyards of regional NSW. The experience will round out with a sample from a few select bottles paired with a cheese and charcuterie platter.
Plus, if you really like your blend, you can purchase a dozen of your wine with your own personalised label – delivered to your door the following week.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please call to confirm pick-up time and location
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.