Wine Routes Private Tour (Nemea - Argos) from Athens or Nafplion (10 hours)
Visit most popular wineries in Nemea, Argos and the historical coastal town of Nafplion.
Your winery tour stars from your location (Athens, Piraeus or Nafplion).
Drive via Corinth Canal to Peloponnese. Continue to Nemea (visit Site, Museum & Stadium). Our Winery tour in Greece, visits up to 3 different wineries. We visit their cellars and we learn about their varieties.
We taste their wines and if you wish we buy their products in half price than Market.
Visit the unique Monastery/ fort of Dormitory Rock in modern Nemea, with a panoramic view.
Continue to Nafplion (first capital city of Greece in modern time) the picturesque town nestling at the foot of a cliff crowned by the mighty ramparts of the Palamidi Fortress. Have lunch or dinner in front water, before our return to Athens.
You have the options of a full payment at the time of your booking or reserve your tour with a deposit only 50% at a lower rate (than Options/ Full Pay). See additional info
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicles, with high level of cleanliness (Sedan/ Minivan/ Minibus)
- Private Transportation & includes: (Fuels, Toll Roads, Parking Fees)
- WiFi on board
- Bottled water
- Pick up / Drop off, from/to your hotel/apartment in Athens Piraeus. Up to request from Nafplion
- Professional English speaking experienced Tour driver (with history knowledge) throughout the day
What's excluded :
- Winery cost (Tasting 8 different wines with snacks) Ticket from 5€ to 10 € per adult.
- Entrance fee to Site & Museum in Nemea (Winter ticket 4€ / Summer 8€) Under 19 y. is free.
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Nemea
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
The marvelous man-made Corinth canal connecting the Aegean and Ionian seas, as well as the Peloponnese peninsula with the central part of Greece.
More than 2500 workers digging 6.400m for twelve years (from 1881 to 1893) Stop for photography
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ancient Nemea, Nemea 205 00 Greece
While the region is famous for its wine, it’s also well known for its incredible cultural sites, including that of Ancient Nemea, a must-see. A vast archaeological site, it includes not only the Sanctuary of Zeus but also the stadium where the Nemean Games took place, which honored the ancient Greek god. The stadium has recently been discovered. It is notable for its well-preserved vaulted entrance tunnel, dated to about 320 BC, with ancient graffiti on the walls. Legend has it that it was also the place where Hercules slew the Nemean lion.
Visit Optional. Ticket in winter 4€ / Summer 8€ ( Includes: site, museum & stadium)
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Nemea, Nemea, Corinthia Region, Peloponnese
Modern Nemea it still boasts 3,500 years of wine making history. If you are a wine lover, this region is a perfect destination for you. With several wineries and cultural sites to visit, the area is the absolute place to explore. We will visit two popular wineries
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Monastery of the Dormition Rock Nemea, Nemea 20005 Greece
Just renovated, a beautiful historical and religious monument for mankind. The Monastery is situated at the entrance of Nemea. A visit to this unique monastery - fort, it will give you the chance to enjoy a breathtaking view of the valley and the vine yards. Its a unique view for all seasons. See our Photos
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Argos, Argos, Argolis Region, Peloponnese
Argos is a city in Argolis, the Peloponnese, Greece and is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. It is the largest city in Argolis and a major center for the area. We will visit another popular winery
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Nafplio, Nafplio, Argolis Region, Peloponnese
Nafplio is a coastal town in Peloponnese. The town was an important seaport held under a succession of royal houses in the Middle Ages as part of the lordship of Argos and Nauplia, held initially by the de la Roche following the Fourth Crusade before coming under the Republic of Venice and, lastly, the Ottoman Empire. The town was the capital of the First Hellenic Republic and of the Kingdom of Greece, from the start of the Greek Revolution in 1821 until 1834.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
For Private Tours: 1) Traveler pickup/ drop off is offered to your hotel/ apartment in Athens center or Piraeus Port, at the arranged time of your tour departure or your tour return. We suggest that the tour starts at 9:00 am or earlier in summer timeIf for any reason this is not convenient, you can adjust the time according to your needs.2) Traveler pickup/ drop off is offered from/to your hotel/ apartment in Nafplio. In that option, the cost change accordingly to lower, as the wineries are closer to Nafplio.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We will visit 3 wineries. Your tour is private, flexible & available from Athens or Nafplio. However we only request to have in mind the agreed hours. If you would like to extend the trip, please make a fair arrangement with your driver/tour leader. In winter the return is at sunset time.
- You Have the options of 3 different Vehicles types: Sedan/ Suv up to 3 adults or family of 4 (2 adults + 2 kids - up to 12 years old free) - Minivan ( from 1 to 7 persons - 2 kids/ up to 12 years old free ) - Minibus ( from 1 to 14 persons - 2 kids/ up to 12 years old free). Price varies by Group Size or Vehicle type.
- Bookings: You have the flexibility of two options! Full payment or a Deposit (Pay deposit 50%) - Reserve the tour at a lower rate (than Options/ Full Pay) with a deposit 50% at the time of booking. The remaining 50% will be payable at the beginning of your tour in cash to your driver/ tour leader.
- The driver/ tour leader is not a licensed archaeologist guide to accompany you on your walk to Nemea archaeological site or museum.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.