Wine Tasting Day Trip from Prague to Melnik
Mělník is a city where wine played a great role in people’s lives as early as the Middle Ages. A royal dowry town and a resting place of Czech queens which found precious tranquility when disagreements with their spouses occurred . Let us, therefore, introduce you to Mělník and his beautiful chateau, its medieval wine cellars and breathtaking ossuary in the nearby church of St. Peter and St. Paul…
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional licensed tour guide
- Wine tasting, including 6 local wines
- Entry/Admission - Explore Prague
- Entry/Admission - Zamek MElnik
- Entry/Admission - Basilica of St Peter and St Paul
What's excluded :
- Lunch (own spent)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Explore Prague, Staromestske Namesti 3, Prague Czech Republic
Your guide will meet you at the top of Wenceslas Square and get with you on a bus to Mělník. During a short ride through Bohemian countryside your guide will briefly introduce you into the history of Mělník from its foundation in 10th century till nowadays.
Your first stop will be Mělník chateau, where you’ll have a chance to experience what life was like for a wealthy noble family of 18th and 19th century. Get ready to see amazing baroque interiors as well as precious art pieces.
After tasty lunch break in chateau restaurant you’ll enjoy some of the best local wines this region produces in one of chateau’s wine cellars. Their history dates back to 14th century.
The last stop will be St. Peter and Paul basilica, which hides the second largest ossuary in the Czech Republic. Bones from more than 10 000 bodies create an unbelievable atmosphere.
At last you’ll enjoy a pleasant bus ride back to Prague.
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: Zamek MElnik, Svatovaclavska 19/16, Melnik 276 01 Czech Republic
Together we'll explore the chateau interiors, learn the story of Lobkowicz noble family and visit their unique wine cellar to taste their wines...
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Basilica of St Peter and St Paul, Rotunde 10 Vysehrad Fortress, Prague 12000 Czech Republic
Take a look at amazing ossuary - the second larges in the Czech Republic! Please not that as the church is going in last two years through renovations, opening hour of the ossuary can be subject of change.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Wenceslas Square, Václavské nám., 110 00 Praha-Praha 1, Czechia
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- All of our tours respect the current health measures imposed by the Czech government. If you you want to get up to date info about restrictions valid for the duration of the tour please email us one day prior to your departure.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.