Wine Tasting, Food & Sightseeing Tour in Rome with local guide
This Wine Tasting Tour is designed for true wine lovers. On this 3.5-hours tour you will visit some of Rome's most interesting sites on a fun and delicious wine tour led by a local guide. During the experience you'll learn and drink typical italian wines from all over the country plus some exquisite finger food and delis, all the while passing through some of the historical and artistic highlights of the Eternal City! The tour takes place at Rione Monti, the Ancient Suburra, one of the oldest district of Rome few steps away from the Colosseum.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All wines/drinks and snack included
- Local guide
- Vegetarian options included
- Small-group or private tour (depending on option selected)
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The tradition of winemaking in the Italian peninsula is over 2,000 years old, from the Romans to the Popes to present day wine bars it has kept changing. This tour is designed to enlighten you to the history of winemaking as well as it’s current evolution through the different winemaking regions of the country.
This walking tour will take you through oldest district of Rome, the Rione Monti. We will stop at different wine bars while passing through some of the historical and artistic features of this lovely neighborhood. Walking along the picturesque cobblestone alleyways you’ll have the opportunity to take pictures at important Roman sights. All led by a local expert guide who will share stories and show you hidden places you’d never find on your own.
You will visit the famous Borgia stairs, San Pietro in Vincoli church, Santa Maria ai Monti church and much more! This area is renowned for being an almost exclusively Roman neighborhood, lacking the usual masses of tourists despite being only a few steps from the Colosseum. We strongly believe that in a city such as Rome, gastronomy and art go hand in hand, giving you more than just a wine tasting, making this a pleasantly indulging guided tour.
At each stop your guide will take you through the tasting while illustrating the terroir of each wine region along with the possible food pairings. The wines will be accompanied by selected delicacies and snacks.
Departure Point :Piazza della Suburra, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved;
- Dress code is smart casual;
- Places visited during your tour are subject to change;
- Transfer from your hotel to the meeting point is NOT INCLUDED in the price. Taxi or buses are a convenient option.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- We are taking recommended prevention measures from WHO and implement best-practices accordingly.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.