Wine tasting in Montepulciano and visit to Pienza, in Tuscany from Rome
A wonderful experience not to be missed, among friends, for the whole family and for the great connoisseurs of DOCG wines. We invite you to visit the heart of Tuscany and enjoy an unforgettable day view, a small journey through the landscapes of the Crete Senesi, crossing the enchanting and verdant hills of Montepulciano and Pienza. In these wonderful places we will visit a prestigious local farm, with splendid vineyards and cellars, where you can taste the Nobile di Montepulciano wine and other delicious local and fruity wines, the Vin Santo, different types of cheese including the famous Pecorino and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. All these products are genuine, fresh and natural, directly from the sources of production.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- English-Spanish speaking driver
- Wine tasting and winery tour
- Pick up and return to the hotel
- Entry/Admission - Val d Orcia da Montepulciano
What's excluded :
- Private English assistant during the excursion (Available on request)
- Tickets to visit the places for payment and purchases of souvenir souvenirs
- Lunch and alcoholic beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Val d Orcia da Montepulciano, 53045 Montepulciano, Province of Siena, Italy
Hours 8.00: Departure from your accommodation from Rome with a luxury car and our English-Spanish speaking driver. A beautiful journey into the heart of Tuscany, while traveling through the famous Crete Senese (clay hills) and green hills, you will enjoy splendid panoramic views. The first stop will be at a winery where you will have a guided tour with a wine expert and the winery on the estate, here you can taste excellent wines and extra virgin olive oil directly from the source of production. Alfredo, winemaker, will present the history of wine from its origins, etc., and will advise you how to taste them, you can taste up to 5 organic wines of flavored varieties. The guided tour starts from the lush vineyards to the vast cellars, then we will go inside the structure to start a wonderful tasting of fine and fruity wines including the famous Nobile di Montepulciano wine; the Nobile di Montepulciano wine is made from a Sangiovese clone known as Prugnolo Gentile. The wine tasting will be accompanied by various local specialties such as cold cuts, hams, cheeses, the oil and bruschetta specialty, the typical sweet wine "vin Santo" with the famous "cantucci". From the beginning of the seventeenth century, this Noble wine was crowned by many as "the king of Tuscan wines" and thanks to the noble classes wishing to receive luxury wine, it became known as the "noble" and "aristocratic" wine, from which comes the name. Later we will visit the narrow and ancient streets of Montepulciano. The walled city of Montepulciano is perched on one of the beautiful Tuscan hills and still retains many incredible art treasures, as well as Etruscan and Roman cellars. And if you haven't had lunch on the farm, you can enjoy a delicious lunch in a local restaurant specializing in traditional Tuscan recipes (not included in the price).
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Comune di Montepulciano, Piazza Grande, 1, 53045 Montepulciano SI, Italy
Montepulciano is a medieval town, hilly, beautiful and important for its eventful history, it has origins from the Etruscan people from the 4th century BC, surrounded by vineyards, it is very well known for its red wine Nobile. You can admire the famous "Torre di Pulcinella" is a clock tower surmounted by Pulcinella, one of the figures of the commedia dell'arte. The central square houses the 14th century Palazzo Comunale and the Duomo, which displays a huge triptych on the altar.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Historic Centre of the City of Pienza, near Montepulciano Italy
We will visit the small and beautiful town of Pienza, in the heart of the prized Val d'Orcia of Tuscany. Pienza is an architectural jewel as well as a formidable resource for local gastronomic products, particularly sold both fresh and seasoned. In the fifteenth century Pienza was a small fortified town on top of a hill, without distinction and with certain economic problems, until Pope Pius II (Enea Silvio Piccolomini - 1458) decided to turn Pienza into an ideal Renaissance city, a partially successful urban planning firm. You will also have time at your disposal to explore this enchanting city everywhere.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel, Holiday home, B&B, Suites ...
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Animals must have their own carrier
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Covid-19 measures by ministerial regulation: Sedan (car) >>> 2 to 3 person maximum - depending on the degree of kinship. MInivan >>>>>>> from 4 to 6 people maximum - according to the degree of kinship
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.