Wine Tasting - Tour and Tasting in Vesuvius Winemaker
The custom of drinking wine is very ancient in our region: frescoes, pottery and ancient texts found in archaeological sites such as Pompeii and Herculaneum confirm this practice. Greeks started farming the vineyards on the rich volcanic soil and some of these early varieties still survive to this day, such as the Aglianico.
Even though the wine making process, thus its taste, has changed a lot during this long time span, it is clear the unchanged interest for this drink. This tour will take you around the vineyards, learning more about the composition of its soil and how the coexistence with other trees, plants, and herbs as well as a mix of modern and traditional techniques affects the quality of the wine. After a stroll in the fields, to complete the experience, there will be a plentiful tasting menu with local food and wines to be enjoyed in its original environment.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Tour Guide
- Alcoholic Beverages - Wines form the vesuvius
What's excluded :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Vesuvius admission entrance
- Entry/Admission - Vesuvius National Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vesuvius National Park, Via Palazzo del Principe, 80044 Ottaviano Italy
You will visit a Vesuvius winery with an amazing view of the Volcano. An expert will explain the vinification on the particular volcanic slopes of the Vesuvius and you will taste wines with Km 0 products.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
11:30 AM – near Hotel Terminus (address: Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, 91)11:30 AM – near Hotel Una (address: Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, 9/10)11:20 AM – Archaeological Museum (address: Piazza Museo, 19)11:25 AM –near Hotel Naples (address: Corso Umberto I, 55)11:25 AM – near Hotel NH Ambassador (address: Via Medina, 70)11:10 AM – near G. Hotel Parker’s (address. Corso Vittorio Emanuele, 135)11:10 AM – near Hotel Metro 900 (address: Corso Vittorio Emanuele, 6)11:15 AM – near Hotel Royal Continental (address: Via Partenope, 38/44)11:15 AM – near HotelVesuvio (address: Via Partenope, 45)11:15 AM – near Hotel Santa Lucia (address: Via Partenope, 46)11:15 AM – near Hotel Excelsior (address: Via Partenope, 48)
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.