Wine Tasting Tour in Rome around Rione Monti
Enjoy a 3.5-hours relaxing, fun and informative wine tasting experience through the Monti district, one of the most authentic areas of Rome. Get away from the hustle and bustle of the touristic areas and feel like a real local together with our expert guide. This is a one of a kind experience, a great combination of wine tasting, culture and typical Italian finger foods. This tour is designed to enlighten you to the history of winemaking and it’s current evolution through the different regions of the country.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All food and drinks included
- Local guide
- Excellent English speaking guide
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This walking tour will take you through oldest district of Rome, the Rione Monti. We will stop at different wine bars while passing through some of the historical and artistic features of this lovely neighborhood. You will visit the famous Borgia stairs, San Pietro in Vincoli church, Santa Maria ai Monti church and much more! This area is renowned for being an almost exclusively Roman neighborhood, lacking the usual masses of tourists despite being only a few steps from the Colosseum. We strongly believe that in a city such as Rome, gastronomy and art go hand in hand, giving you more than just a wine tasting, making this a pleasantly indulging guided tour. At each stop your expert guide will take you through the wine tasting while illustrating the terroir of each wine region along with the possible food pairings. The wines will be accompanied by selected delicacies and snacks.
• Piazza di San Pietro in Vincoli 4/a, 00184 Rome Italy
• Chiesa di Santa Maria ai Monti, Via della Madonna Dei Monti 41, 00184 Rome Italy
• Scalinata dei Borgia, Piazza di San Francesco di Paola, 3371, 00184 Rome Italy
• Raphael Tours in Rome, 00165 Rome Italy
• Samples of Montanara - Try 2 different types of local wine combined with samples of the most famous Neapolitan fried pizza, the real "Montanara".
• Platter of cured meat and cheese - Sample the finest slices of cured meat from Norcia with local cheese all paired with local wine.
• Wine and appertizers - Try other 2 types of different wine paired with several local appetizers.
• Grappa and dessert - Try one the Italians most famous liquor, Grappa, paired with a delicious dessert made with wine.
Departure Point :Via Urbana, 72, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual;
- Transfer from your hotel to the meeting point is NOT INCLUDED in the price. Taxi or buses are a convenient option;
- Near public transportation
- Places visited during your tour are subject to change;
- Dietary restrictions can be accommodated if advised in advance. Please note this in the "special requirements" field on booking;
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour does not accommodate gluten-free, dairy-free or vegan participants;
- The tour takes place rain or shine.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.