Wine tasting - Uruguayan Tannat in Montevideo
In this unique opportunity we can visit one of the wineries on our selection, one of the most important wineries in Uruguay. These wineries are located in a privileged geographical location and on land particularly suitable for this activity.
Through this tour you can learn, enjoy and live the experience with your five senses. You will learn more about the world of Tannat , the varietal wine that started Uruguay's wine production on a commercial scale. Tannat wine expresses itself perfectly while alone, but also presents combinations of particular characteristics if it's cut with other varieties.
In addition to the visit, you can choose to make a tasting accompanied by delicious cheeses, or also add a three-step lunch if you wish.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Wine tasting (4 wines of medium and high range) accompanied by a cheeseboard
- 3-step lunch (If the option was selected)
What's excluded :
- Lunch - If the option was selected
- Other expenses not specified on this itinerary
- Other food and / or drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- You will be picked up at our selected hotels at 10 am to go to the selected winery, located on the outskirts of Montevideo. The winery will depend on availability, being one of the following: Bodega Spinoglio, Pizzorno, Juanico, Marichal, Artensana or Stagnari.
We will perceive the differences with the outside while we enter the cellar. We will observe the dimmer lights, sensing the temperature descending while we enter, and the exquisite aroma of oak and wine.
We will start our visit with the barrels, where the wines rest during their aging. We will learn the importance of the material with which the barrels are made and how they modify their flavor. The oak, in this case, will bring to the wine flavors and aromas typical of wood such as vanilla, chocolate, and tobacco.
After the visit we will continue with a wine tasting . We will try 4 different types of wines paired with a cheeseboard.
If you chose the lunch option (not included in the regular service, it must be selected at the time of booking), we will go to the room where we will have a 3-course lunch, which includes an entrance, main course of meat, pasta or fish, and dessert or coffee, accompanied by water or wine.
• Bodega Spinoglio, Av. Don Pedro de Mendoza 8238, Montevideo 12400 Uruguay
• Pizzorno Family Estates, Ruta 32, Km 23 Cont. Camino Mendoza, Canelones 90000 Uruguay
• Marichal Uruguay, R 64 km 48 5 Access through: Ruta 5 km 39 Etchevarria, Canelones 90000 Uruguay
• H. Stagnari Vinos de Autor, Ruta 5, km 20 La Puebla - La Paz, Canelones 90100 Uruguay
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up transfer is only from selected centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm you the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.