Wine tasting, Valpolicella cellar visit, Amarone and red wines region day tour
Valpolicella is one of the most important wine regions of Italy. This is a tour with a professional English speaking driver to visit 2 wineries (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) and to taste some important Italian red wines like the Amarone.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Santuario di Santa Maria di Valverde
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Santuario di Santa Maria di Valverde, Monte Castelon, 37020, Marano di Valpolicella Italy
This is a full day excursion in the Valpolicella area. A journey to visit one of the most important wine regions of Italy located in the northwestern area of Verona. You will spend some hours in 2 wineries (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) to taste some excellent local wines and, of course, the Amarone. You will spend about 1 hour and 30 minutes by the highway to reach this area.
In between, your professional driver will suggest you to have lunch in a relaxing restaurant with a great view on the valley.
The Valpolicella area is located close to the reliefs in between Verona and the Adige Valley near to the Lake Garda. The landscape has a mild temperature thanks to the sun exposure with almost a Mediterranean climate, and all the environment is a succession of vineyards, olive groves, cherries trees, and chestnuts dotted with cypress trees.
The Valpolicella produces mainly red wines, and the most important and well known all over the world is the Amarone. In the 6th century AD, Cassiodorus praises the great quality of the Acinaticus, wine of the Valpolicella, a dense and sweetish wine that was more similar to the Recioto. A very long tradition that today it is represented by one of the most important Italian wines: the Amarone.
It is important to know that the set of three major valleys creates the Valpolicella. Almost parallel and sloping from north to south, they form an area of undulating hills and gentle slopes. They range from 80m above sea level along the river Adige to 1540mt of the watershed from Trentino region.
And since the ancient time, we have the extraction and the processing of Verona red marble and Prun Stone, also used for the construction of the historic buildings of Verona, of Venice and some other Italian cities, known today all over the world.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :1: Parcheggio NCC Piazzale Roma, Rio Terà Sant'Andrea, 460, 30135 Venezia VE, Italy
2: Padua, Province of Padua, Italy
3: 31011 Asolo, Province of Treviso, Italy
4: Hotel Villa Franceschi, Via Don G. Minzoni, 28, 30034 Mira VE, Italy
5: 36100 Vicenza, Province of Vicenza, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.