Wine Tour & Wines/Sparkling Wines Tasting - Quinta de Santa Cristina Wine Estate
On a 2-hour guided wine tour, discover Quinta de Santa Cristina, a secular family estate, located at 45 minutes from Porto, in the demarcated region of Vinho Verde. Enjoy a tour through the surrounding vineyards to the winery, meet a garden of camellias and visit the chapel of Santa Cristina. In the winery, built in 2012, learn all about the Vinho Verde production. Then, you will have the opportunity to taste 3 wines and some regional products. Come to discover this unique wine in the World!
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- Walking tour through the vineyards
- Visit to the winery
- 3 wines tasting
- Snacks - regional products tasting
- A souvenir from Quinta de Santa Cristina
- Free Wi-Fi
- Entry/Admission - Quinta de Santa Cristina
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Quinta de Santa Cristina, Rua de Santa Cristina, 80 Veade, Celorico de Basto 4890-587 Portugal
The Quinta de Santa Cristina, a secular family estate, is part of the Demarcated Region of Vinho Verde (in the northwest of Portugal), one of the largest and oldest demarcated regions in the world and where is produced a wine with unique characteristics.
It is located in Celorico de Basto, 45 minutes away from Porto or from Braga, by car, enjoying good access. You can chose start your wine tour at 11:00 am or 3:00 pm at the estate.
The visit, always in small-groups and guided by a person from the estate, begins with the explanation of the history of Vinho Verde and Quinta de Santa Cristina.
Then there is a short walk (about 1km) that includes a passage through the vineyards surrounding the winery, allowing to observe the characteristics of the grape varieties, soils, irrigation and winegrowing process. It also includes a visit to the camellias' garden and to the chapel of Santa Cristina.
The visit continues in the winery, built in 2012, discovering the secrets of the Vinho Verde production. You will get to know the grape reception area, presses area, traditional stone tanks called “lagares”, where the red grapes are foot treading, vat and fermentation area, wine cellar of sparkling wine, ending in the bottling area.
At the end, there is a visit to the wine shop and the tasting room, where the visitor will have the opportunity to taste 3 wines accompanied by regional products: corn bread, smoked ham, pork meat made with red wine, sheep cheese and a jam made with sparkling wine. The wine tasting will be complemented with a short explanation of the aromas and flavors of the tasted wines. If the weather is good, this wine tasting occurs on the terrace, overlooking the vineyards and the mountains of Marão and Alvão - a stunning view. Come check this and discover this unique wine in the World!
In the end, you can buy wines and regional products in our shop and we offer you a souvenir so you never forget of the Vinho Verde Quinta de Santa Cristina and the good memories you will create here!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Quinta de Santa Cristina - Vinhos e Enoturismo, Rua de Santa Cristina, 80, Veade, 4890-573 Celorico de Basto, Portugal
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.