Wine tour and tasting at the winery on Mount Etna
Get ready for an authentic journey through Sicilian wine tradition with an exclusive tour in a famous wine estate. Enter an ancient estate where a generation of winemakers has created fine wine for generations. Old traditions of an important family are still handed down today and are for this reason that this winery offers always the same quality in all the products and in all services. During the wine tasting, you will have all the most important information about the production of wine, discovering all the secrets behind traditional wine production.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - 3 fine local wines
- Snacks - Local Food delicacies
What's excluded :
- Enter an ancient estate where a generation of winemakers has created fine wine for generations. One of the three locations of those estates is located on the south side of Mount Etna, in Viagrande deep in a unique “terroir”. This is the first location where in 1730 the family starts his wine experience.
Le Sciarelle takes its name from “sciare”, terraces of lava made from what was called “Aetna”, the biggest volcano of Europe that offers a complex and structured wine that has a big success in the international wine scene. Inside the agritourism, there is a wonderful villa with even some rural parts like the “Palmento” a structure used in the past for the transformation of grapes into wine and the old cellar where today we offer touristic services inside. The location with his sun exposition is perfect for the cultivation of white grapes like Carricante and Catarratto instead the red grape is in the vineyard that we have on the north side of the volcano.
The wine experience starts with a nice walk through the vineyard while learning the history of the family, the land and the wines. During the wine tasting, discover all the secrets behind traditional wine production.
• Local food - Marmalade and salty creams (citrus, avocado, vegetables), homemade bread dressed with Evo oil.
• Wine tasting - Wines: - Palmento 810’ Carricante 2017 - Palmento 810’ Nerello Mascalese 2013 - Etna DOC Rosso 2014.
Departure Point :Via Sciarelle, 32, 95029 Viagrande CT, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.