Wine tour in Georgia | 7 days
It is recorded that Georgia has a total of almost 400 wine grape varieties planted and grown across the country. Our “All wine Georgia” 7-day tour will provide you an opportunity to learn all about those types that are for commercial viticulture. During this tour you will visit almost any type of wineries that can be now found in Georgia, as well as get a chance to sample traditional Georgian wine made in “qvevri”. Apart from usual destination, wine region Kakheti, this tour’s program includes a day trip to Adjara with its own sorts of vineyards and a day trip to Tbilisi’s closest outskirts visiting both home-based wineries and small wine producing factory.
per adult from
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Bottled water
- Wine tasting
- All activities
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Welcome dinner
- Lunches (days 2-5)
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Personal hotel expenses
- Travel insurance
- Visa fee to Georgia
- Day 1: Arrival in Tbilisi. Meet and greet at the airport, transfer to the Hotel (check-in after 2:00 pm). You will have a free evening for rest and settling. Overnight in a Hotel.
Day 2: Tbilisi city tour. 10 am guide will be waiting for you to start a tour around Tbilisi. The tour will start from the monument to King Vakhtang Gorgasali, founder of the Georgian capital. You will hear the legendary story of Tbilisi, and will then walk the Old Town and its major highlights - Narikala fortress, Anchiskhati Basilica, Sulphur Baths district, etc. You will then visit the unique wine cellar located on a rooftop of a residential building: wine tasting and lunch. Afternoon visit the Museum of Georgian Ethnography. After short refreshing rest at the Hotel visit traditional Georgian restaurant for dinner, accompanied by national dance and song show.
Day 3: Kakheti wine tour. After breakfast depart to Kakheti region following the picturesque Gombori mountain pass. Village Vardisubani at the very heart of the Alazani valley is a home to one of the most famous qvevri-makers family in the country - you will see how the national wine vessel is made from the scratch. Next stop will be the Alaverdi monastery, the 6th century Orthodox monastery that is still in service, and as a matter of fact also known for its monastery wine. Next stop is one of the highlights of the day - a vineyard, winery, and wine cellar located in arguably the most beautiful place in the region - the footsteps of Greater Caucasus mountain range. This family-run winery produces four types of traditional Georgian wine on 11 hectares of private vineyards: Saperavi, Kisi, Mtsvane and Rkatsiteli. Family hotel for overnight.
Day 4: Kakheti wine tour (continued). After breakfast drive to magnificent Nekresi - remains of the 4th century AD town and monastery located high on the hill inside the deep mountain forest. Visit the “Winery Khareba”, one of the biggest wine producing company in Georgia, and its unique wine cellar, which is located inside the tunnel excavated deep into the mountain gorge - total length of the wine tunnel lanes is 7.7 km long. Drive to the town of Sighnaghi, also known as a “city of love” (mostly for the fact that one can register a marriage there 24/7). This small Kakhetian town is surrounded by an ancient city walls with 23 watchtowers. Return to Tbilisi.
Day 5: Exploring wine route around Tbilisi.
Day 6: Batumi tour.
Day 7: Departure from Tbilisi. Check-out from the Hotel before 12:00 pm. Transfer to the airport.
Departure Point :Our representative will meet you upon your arrival in Tbilisi international airport
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 21 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.