Wine trekking & tasting in a winery close to Florence
The place name “La Presura” refers to a past of pastures and sheep farming because in these areas herbs like cardoons were grown, used by shepherds to curdle milk and make cheese. The name “presura” derives from a local term to indicate the rennet. Since 1986, year of purchase of the first vineyard, the estate has been enlarging through the years up to the current 75 hectares, of which about 35 are vineyards and 16 are olive groves.
Among the vineyards the ones that stand out for the exceptional quality of the production are those located near the winery, favorited by the marl-clay soil that gives body and flavour to the wines, by the excellent exposure and by a very favorable microclimate, propitious to the growth and maturation of the grapes even in the less favorable years.
per adult from
What's included :
- Greetings at the winery by the wine hospitality manager
- Wine trekking in the vineyards
- Wine cellar tour and discovery
- Wine tasting of 3 wines with food pairing
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
The wine trekking starts from the old farmhouse Villa Ulivello. We pass through olive groves and vineyards of various periods, including a historic olive grove, one of the few olive groves in the Chianti area whose plants have survived the 1985 ice that has destroyed much of the olive trees in this land, and an old vineyard with vines supported by a living support - married vines - ancient practice of raising vines in use until in the middle of the last century-
Passing through more recent vineyards with different varieties of grapes, trained with Guyot, double arch and spurred cordon method, you arrive at the panoramic terrace that looks over the vineyards near Torraccia di Presura farm,where you'll visit the winery.
From here you go back through an alternative route that laps woods and olive groves up to the panoramic viewpoint of Villa Ulivello, from which you can overlook the valley.
The tour takes about 2 hours including the final tasting. It's necessary to be equipped with closed-toe sports shoes.
Departure Point :Torraccia di Presura - Chianti Classico, Via della Montagnola, 130, 50027 Greve in Chianti FI, Italy
Departure Time :11/15/2019 - 10/22/2021
Monday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM Thursday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM Friday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM Saturday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM Sunday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.