Winter archipelago excursion
Join us and experience the quiet and magical winter forest and freezing waters of the sea in the archipelago. A walk in the winter archipelago highlights why Finland is one of the best outdoor destinations year-round. This half-day excursion starts from Helsinki and takes you to Porkkala peninsula.
A walk into the forest brings us on a nature trail with countless smaller trails made by deers, foxes, moose and more! During the wintertime, our path in the snow has been created by visitors from the past and you can follow in the guide’s footsteps. Because of the location, it is a great place to see foxes, deer, and moose!
The excursion is exclusive since the group size never exceeds 8 persons.
• Lookout points of breathtaking archipelago scenery
• Amazing photographing opportunities
• Easy walk designed for all levels of fitness
• Campfire lunch and coffee/tea with a seaside view
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Lunch - Finnish-style lunch over a campfire
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Bottled water - Since we are sustainable company we don't provide plastic bottles but we recommed you to take a re-usable bottle with you.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma, Mannerheiminaukio 2, Helsinki 00100 Finland
This is the meeting point for this trip. It will be at the bus-stop in front of Kiasma (Museum of
Contemporary Art). The stop is about 65 steps from the museum entrance and approximately
500 meters from Helsinki Central Railway station.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Porkkalanniemi, 02480 Kirkkonummi, Finland
Our walk begins on a forest trail leading into an open-rock area which is the first display of the many diverse areas Porkkala has to offer. This open-rock area will give us the opportunity to see what effects coastal weather has on the near-by forest. Pine trees that are used to standing tall and true are forced to grow into short disfigured trees that reach for the forest inland.
As the walk continues, we will find ourselves with a picturesque coastal view and two wilderness shelters where we will build a fire to prepare our lunch. Along the coast, we can explore the land and seascapes to admire the raw beauty where the forest meets the sea.
After some exploration, we will warm up and enjoy a Finnish-style lunch over a campfire. After lunch, it is time to head back to the starting point and get back to civilization.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Mannerheiminaukio 1, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.