Winter Canadian Rockies Canyon Hike
Hike through a winter wonderland in the heart of the Canadian Rockies below the towering Grotto Mountain. This family friendly hike leads up an icy canyon scoured white by flood waters, past pictographs, ice falls and interesting rock formations such as Hoodoos! Enjoy the riddle of the Hopi natives when they traveled up by foot from the four corners of the USA. This hike includes walking crampons, a snack and an interpretive component.
per adult from
What's included :
- Ice walking crampons
- Local Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grotto Canyon, Canmore, Alberta Canada
Hike up a water sculpted canyon.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Travel Alberta Canmore Visitor Information Centre, 2801 Bow Valley Trail, Canmore, AB T1W 3A2, Canada
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- After registering, provide boot size for fitting crampons.
- Please come prepared with winter clothing, well fitting winter boots, food, and water for the day, it can reach temperatures well below zero in the winter.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guests are required to sign a declaration of health and exposure attesting to good health, not having been exposed to anyone who is sick, and that they are following provincial travel recommendations. Guests bring a mask, hand sanitizer and eye protection in the event protocols can't be followed.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.