Winter Etna Classic Experience
Explore Mount Etna on tour from Catania! You will be introduced to the landscapes and geology of the Volcano from our naturalistic and passionate guide.
Following a hiking route up to 2000 meters, you will have the chance to admire forests, craters, lava formations, and scenic views of the mountain. We will give you the snowshoes to walk into the snow.
You will visit a volcanic cave using the equipment provided from us (helmets and torches).
After the trekking, you will stop at a nice Chalet, where you will enjoy a rustic lunch made with local products (starter and first course) together with a good glass of Sicilian red wine. It is possible to arrange, upon request, a suitable dish to vegetarians and coeliacs.
During the afternoon we will move to the Southern slope of the Etna to trek again, according to the weather conditions. In case of cold temperatures, the trekking in the afternoon would be substituted by the visit of a local farm to taste typical products (honey, creams).
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport service via Jeep or minibus from Catania
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Trekking shoes, jackets, helmets and torches
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Etna, 95030 Catania, Sicily Italy
Mt Etna (Northern-East side) at 2000 meters.
You will trek on the Northern-East Side of Mt Etna, passing by Crateri Sartorius.
You will explore a cave of volcanic origins, with helmets and torches provided by us.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We guarantee pick up at meeting point agreed, according to the customers' accommodation.Airports
- Fontanarossa Airport, Catania, Sicily Italy
- Port WINTER Coffee, Banchina Centrale, Via Cardinale Dusmet, 95121 Catania CT, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- English and Italian guide are always available, French and Spanish are subject to availability. Upon booking, we will confirm you if the language required is available.
- Guests need to wear trekking shoes and bring a jacket. We can provide trekking shoes and jackets for free at the moment of the booking if requested.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian, vegan, celiac option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.