Winter Helicopter and Dogsled Tour
Enjoy a scenic helicopter ride of approximately 45 minutes as we take you over the mountains to Talkeetna. We land right next to 4 time Iditarod winner Dallas Seavey's dog kennel where the staff will be waiting to welcome you to the dogsled capital of Alaska. The Talkeetna area has an extensive trail system, offering scenic evergreen forests with views of the Alaska Range and Denali, the highest mountain on the continent. After a short introduction at the campfire you’ll be outfitted with cold weather gear while the dogs are being harnessed. Lots of excitement as they all want to be picked to run, but once you depart silence returns as you glide through the winter wonderland.During the approximately 2 hour tour you’ll have the option to ‘mush’ your own dog team by standing on the runners.
TRANSFERS: call Alaska Helicopter Tours to add transfers from your hotel for an additional fee per person
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of helmet
- Landing and facility fees
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- TRANSFERS: call us to add transfers from your hotel for an additional cost per person
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: AK Sled Dog Tours, 13484 East Main Street HC 89 Box 8620, Talkeetna, AK 99676, USA
Your Snowmobile Tour departs from Alaska Sled Dog Tours in the heart of Talkeetna Alaska
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Knik River, Anchorage, AK, USA
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for child aged 3 and under
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- TRANSFERS TO DEPARTURE LOCATION CAN BE ADDED FOR A COST - Please contact Alaska Helicopter Tours to add transfers if they are needed.
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 250lbs will be required to pay a comfort surcharge. This is payable directly to the tour operator.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.