Winter - Wildlife & Turnagain Arm Tour
t the 140-acre Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, jaws drop in awe-even those of longtime Alaskans. AWCC’s mission is to provide refuge for orphaned, injured and ill animals-those that can’t survive in the wild. The center also educates visitors about Alaska’s Wildlife.
Amateur photographers have the opportunity to take award winning photographs of animals displayed in their natural surroundings.
per adult from
1 day 4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Tips and Gratuities
Board your shuttle for the guided drive to see Turnagain Arm “A must see destination”. From beginning to end there are dramatic views of mountain scenery and the Cook Inlet On the way to the wildlife center you will be traveling through the Chugach State Park down Alaska’s most scenic stretch of highway.
Beluga Point:Popular photo stop with panoramic views of Turnagain Arm. Many are lucky, having made their “offerings to the Sheep and Whale Gods” for possible opportunities to see Dall sheep.
Portage Valley: You will see Explorer Glacier, Middle Glacier, Byron Glacier and Take a Walk through a Rainforest. (Sights are weather permitting)
Alaska Wildberry Products: See the World’s Largest Chocolate Water Fall! At the chocolate display case there is a tray of sample chocolates and if you did not sample the item you wanted to try just ask they want to satisfy.
NOTE: We will make a stop for you to purchase lunch on the go.
• Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, Mile 79 Seward Highway, Girdwood, Anchorage, AK 99587
• Alaska Wild Berry Products, 5225 Juneau St, Anchorage, AK 99518-1483
• Beluga Point, Seward Highway, Anchorage, AK 99516
Departure Point :546 W 4th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.