Winter wonderland hike in a national park
This day trip from Helsinki takes you to one of Finland’s oldest national parks, Liesjärvi. Our trips are exclusive since they never exceed 8 persons.
• Experience genuine silence only found in a winter forest
• Very few visitors during the winter season
• Traditional Finnish-style lunch inside Winter Kota (traditional Finnish hut)
• Feel the calming effect of the forest in the winter
Winter allows us to witness the forest in its mystic grandeur. Snow gently falls and blankets the entire forest, embracing the trees and creating a peaceful silence throughout the woods. It would seem as though the forest is asleep during these frigid months, but with care, you are able to see tracks of the animals such as the red fox, mountain hare, and moose.
Our winter wonderland hike is perfect for those who want to escape the city. We will take you for an adventure into the forests of Finland, providing a high-quality guided experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Finnish-style lunch over a campfire
- Coffee and/or Tea
- WiFi on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Bottled water - As a sustainable company we don't provide plastic bottles and we recommend you to take a reusable water bottle with you.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma, Mannerheiminaukio 2, Helsinki 00100 Finland
This is the meeting point for this trip. It will be at the bus-stop in front of Kiasma (Museum of
Contemporary Art). The stop is about 65 steps from the museum entrance and approximately
500 meters from Helsinki Central Railway station.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Liesjarven Kansallispuisto, Korteniementie, Liesjarvi 31380 Finland
Once we have arrived at Liesjärvi National Park, the group will begin their walk through the forest on Liesjärvis swaying winter trails. Your guide will be able to provide details about the forest and wildlife specific to Finland. The small group size offers an intimate experience in nature and allows your guide to attend to individual questions and needs.
After one hour of walking, we will arrive at a beautiful wilderness hut which will be heated by our campfire. While your guide starts the fire and begins to prepare a traditional Finnish-style lunch and campfire coffee, there will be plenty of time to take photos, explore, throw snowballs, converse, and enjoy the tranquility of Finland’s Taiga forest.
After lunch, we will continue to explore the beauty of Liesjärvi under the towering snow-covered spruces. Walking for about one hour, the group will make their way back to the starting point, feeling refreshed and rejuvenated from this wonderful experience in nature.
On this day trip, we spend approximately 4.5 hours within the national park. With transportation, the total length of this nature tour is 7 hours.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Mannerheiminaukio 1, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.