Wolfs Lair "Hitler's Headquarters" - Full Day Tour from Warsaw by private car
If you are planning to stay in Warsaw for a few days but also would like to see Wolf's Lair? We have a perfect solution for you!
A private driver will pick you up from the address provided in Warsaw by Mercedes car, comfortable for 1 up to 6 passengers and will take you to Wolf's Lair for a full-day tour.
It was Adolf Hitler's first Eastern Front military headquarters in World War II. The complex, which would become one of several Führer Headquarters, located in various parts of occupied Europe, was built for the start of Operation Barbarossa – the invasion of the Soviet Union – in 1941. It was constructed by Organisation Todt. The top secret, high security site was in the Masurian woods about 8km from the small East Prussian town of Rastenburg (Kętrzyn). Three security zones surrounded the central complex where the Führer's bunker was located. Despite the security, the most notable assassination attempt against Hitler was made at the Wolf's Lair on 20 July 1944.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- All Fees and Taxes
- Passenger insurance
- Transport by private luxury car
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Wolf's Lair
What's excluded :
- Food and Drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wolf's Lair, Gierłoż 5, 11-400, Poland
In the heart of Masuria on the North of Poland, in the deep forest, there are ruins of what used to be Adolf Hitler’s headquarters. Built in Gierloz in 1940-44, it attracts tourists with its dark atmosphere and a warning closed in the walls of the damaged buildings. Hitler named it ‘Wolf’s Lair’ as a reference to his pseudonym ‘Her Wolf’, which he used to sign articles in the 1920's.
Hitler's Headquarters, like most war locations, was very well camouflaged. The town hidden in the forest consists of 200 buildings in total: shelters, barracks, 2 airports, a power plant, a railway station, air-conditioning equipment, water supply, heating plant and two teletype panels.
In 1944, more than 2,000 people lived there. Hitler himself spent over 800 days in the Wolf's Lair. On July 20, 1944, Colonel Count Claus Schenk von Stauffenberg made an unsuccessful attempt on Adolf Hitler’s life. Hitler survived the explosion and brutally dealt with his opponents.
Wolf’s Lair is not only the bunkers; it’s a place where crimes against humanity were planned.
Here, it was decided to build new concentration camps, use prisoners in the German arms industry and take away the lives of hundreds of people from European nations.
There were plans to enlarge the complex, but the works were never completed due to the rapid advance of the Red Army during the Baltic Offensive in the autumn of 1944. On January 25, 1945, the Wolf's Lair was blown up and abandoned 48 hours before the Soviet army arrived.
Visiting this one-in-a-kind place is a truly remarkable experience and allows you to learn more about the history of World War II and Hitler's philosophy. The atmosphere of war is still floated in the air of the ruins, and the whole complex is a perfect example of Hitler's megalomania and his entourage.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please be at the reception / concierge few minutes before the tour starts. Always confirm the name that tour is booked with our guide / chauffeur.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Childs seats available
- We are available for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Most travelers can participate
- Please let us know if you would like to book any other language. We can provide: French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian. Please keep in mind that the price might change.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our vehicles are cyclically antibacterial ozonated, sensitive surfaces such as door handles, headrests, handrails, plastic elements are frequently disinfected with virucidal agents daily. Drivers adhere to safety rules they are equipped with masks, protective gloves and antibacterial gels. We care!
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.