Wonderful Bridges-Bachkovo Monastery-Assen's Fortress - day tour from Plovdiv
Discover 3 of the most famous 100 National Tourist Landmarks of Bulgaria during this bestselling day tour from Plovdiv. Walk around the 45 m high rock bridges named the Wonderful Bridges, situated at 1450 m. a. s. l. in the heart of the mystical Rhodope Mountains. On the way visit the impressive Asen's Fortress from 13th century and the second largest Bachkovo Monastery, founded in 11th century. Afterwards, visit the main church of Virgin Mary, which was built in 1604.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Professional local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Fuel surcharge
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees: Assen's Fortress (2 EUR), Bachkovo Monastery refectory (3 EUR) - optional
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Assenova krepost (Asen's Fortress)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Assenova krepost (Asen's Fortress), Asenovgrad 4000 Bulgaria
The remarkable Asen’s Fortress from 13-th century is located on a panoramic hill in the Rhodope Mountains som 30 min south of Plovdiv. There you’ll also find very well preserved Christian Orthodox church dating from the 13-th century painted with some authentic pieces of iconography. At the top of the fortress you’ll enjoy an awesome 360 degrees panorama all over the Rhodope Mountains, Asenovgrad town, The Thracian Valley and the imposing Balkan Range with its highest Botev Peak in the far distance.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bachkovo Monastery, 10km south of Asenovgrad on the main road between Assenovgrad and Smolyan, Bachkovo 4251 Bulgaria
Founded in 1083 Bachkovo Monastery is the second largest in Bulgaria. Inside the monastery you’ll visit the main church of Virgin Mary built in 1604 where a valuable miracle working icon of Saint Mary from 11-12th century AD is being kept together with some very well preserved original frescoes. The monastery refectory is another jewel in the complex which has preserved colorful murals from 1643. The refectory’s visit is optional at an extra charge for a small entrance fee. Inside together with the Doomsday fresco, you’ll witness the images of many prophets, saint-monks, ancient philosophers and writers such as Socrates, Aristotle, Plato etc. In the second monastery yard you’ll finally visit the Saint Nikola church built between 1834 and 1837. Optionally, for the nature enthusiasts you may continue the tour with a short and easy walk in the Red wall nature reserve nearby Bachkovo Monastery where you’ll discover a beautiful waterfall, green meadows and lush forests.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: The Wonderful Bridges, Smolyan Bulgaria
The Wonderful Bridges are situated at 1450 m. a. s. l. in the heart of the lovely Rhodope Mountains. This unique nature phenomenon consists of two rocky bridges (height of 45 m) over a small river. The marble bridges were formed by an earthquake and the erosive activity of the once high-water river and winds. Together with the Bachkovo Monastery and the Assen’s Fortress these outstanding nature bridges are also on the list of the 100 national tourist sites of Bulgaria. In summer on the weekends the longest zip line on the Balkan Peninsula (240 m) stretching between the 2 bridges is available for the more adventurous travelers. The zip line ride takes place some 50 m above the river flowing through the 2 rocky bridges.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Travelers are collected from any hotel (accommodation) or location within Plovdiv city
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Оur company applies all the COVID-19 connected Bulgarian and European Union regulations for safe travelling. All our guides and drivers wear protective masks and gloves during the tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.