Wooden Architecture Route Around Kraków, private tour
Join this trip to the wooden monuments located to the west of Krakow. The route leads through some picturesque terrains spotted with beautiful wooden church turrets. There are also some other attractions to be found along the route like Ethnographic Park.
Wooden monuments are fascinating remnants of history. Most of them in Malopolska are Catholic and Orthodox churches, whose domes and turrets adorn the country and city landscapes, yet, at the same time, look as if taken out from a completely different picture. Very often they stand alone surrounded only by old trees and stone fences, which seem to confirm their old age. Other wooden monuments include manors, palaces, heritage museums and some other village and city buildings.
During our trip, the guide will do their utmost best to bring you closer to the architectural gems of this amazing cultural heritage.
You are invited to explore the most interesting monuments of wooden architecture in the west of Krakow.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Admission fees
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Raclawice, Raclawice, Lesser Poland Province, Southern Poland
Founded in 1511 the Parish Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary has come down to our times with little alteration. Inside there are impressive gothic carpentry details from the period when the church was built.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Paczoltowice, Paczoltowice, Lesser Poland Province, Southern Poland
The Parish Church of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Paczółtowice was built in around 1510 and is probably the second to stand on this spot. Among the furnishings you can see relics from different ages representing various architectural styles
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Wygielzow, Wygielzow, Lesser Poland Province, Southern Poland
The Vistula Ethnographic Park Museum in Wygiełzów is located at the foot of the Lipowiec castle. The first buildings were sited there in 1969. 23 West Cracovian wooden buildings are set out over an area of 5 ha.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mętków, Poland
The baroque, three-nave Church of Our Lady of Częstochowa was built to a hall-church layout using larch wood. The church fittings include admirable altars.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your accommodation (hotel, hostel, apartment) in Krakow. Please advise your full hotel name and address at time of booking.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Face masks are required to be worn by everyone inside buildings (shops etc.). Please bring your own mask. Follow the safety rules at hotel, museum etc.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.