World Agricultural Heritage Brompton Bicycle Tour
Explore the streets where old-fashioned life remains. An elegant time to buy sweets at a local Japanese confectionery store and eat them in an old mansion in the Edo period. If you run along Japan's best clear stream, Sadamitsu River, you can see steep slopes of the World Agricultural Heritage and beautiful waterfalls.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of bicycle
- Local guide fee
- Tour Insurance
What's excluded :
This tour focuses on an area that was accredited as World Agricultural Heritage in 2018. You can experience life in the mountains, visiting settlements perched on the V-shaped valley carved by the pure river.
We’ll show you things that don’t feature on the usual tourist route — the blue stones of this region, a huge basin carved out by the river, the 85 m Narutaki Waterfall, and the precipitously sloping farm plots of Sarukai Village with its spectacular vistas.
At weekends, we recommend the Iwado buffet lunch made with local seasonal ingredients.
On the Sadamitsu double udatsu street you can get a feel of the life of the successful Shikoku merchants of the Edo period. People are still living in these houses with their intensely nostalgic atmosphere. The Brompton bike is the ideal way to discover these back alleys.
There’s also the Sadamitsu River Short Tour which is limited to summer.
• Tsurugi-cho, Tsurugi-cho, Mima-gun, Tokushima Prefecture, Shikoku
• Savor Japan, 1-2-1, Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda 100-0013 Tokyo Prefecture
Departure Point :Sadamitsu Station, Umadashi Sadamitsu, Tsurugi, Mima District, Tokushima 779-4101, Japan
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/15/2019 - 10/27/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.