World Heritage Industrial Ruins Tour :microbus 1-15pax (8h)
If you want to appreciate the world heritage: "Sites of Japan’s Meiji Industrial Revolution: Iron and Steel, Shipbuilding and Coal Mining" from Fukuoka with your group (up to 20 people), this tour would be an ideal option for you! Our bus will give you a comfortable ride throughout the tour. You don't have to navigate your way using public transportation. We are very familiar with the area and our private bus will help you save time and visit many places.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- hotel pick-up/ drop-off, insurance(in our bus), taxes, chips, toll fees, parking fees, child seat
What's excluded :
- lunch, dinner, entrance fees, Wi-Fi fee, meals and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kaneiyahataseitetsusho Kyu Nihon Jimusho Chobo Space, Edamitsu, Yahatahigashi-ku, Kitakyushu 805-0002 Fukuoka Prefecture
At 10:30 AM,
"The Yahata Steel Works": World Heritage Industrial Ruins
The Yahata Steel Works (八幡製鐵所, Yahata seitetsu-sho) is a steel mill in Kitakyūshū, Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan. Imperial Steel Works was established in 1896 to meet increasing demand from the nation's burgeoning shipbuilding, railway, construction, and armaments industries. The site chosen was the former town of Yahata, now merged into Kitakyūshū, near coal mines and with easy access to the sea.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Onga River Source Pump Room, 1-3-1 Dotenouchi, Nakama 809-0033 Fukuoka Prefecture
"Onga River Source Pump Room": World Heritage Industrial Ruins
It stores Onga River water in a reservoir and feeds it to the Yawata Works, about 12 km away. The water is essential for cooling the molten steel.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tagawa City Coal-mining Museum, 2734-1 Ita, Tagawa 825-0002 Fukuoka Prefecture
"Tagawa City Coal and History Museum": Industrial Ruins
This museum is located inside Coal Memorial Park. In the First Exhibition Hall of the Tagawa City Coal and History Museum, visitors can learn how coal is made and mined, what coal mines and the lives of coal miners are like, and get an easy-to-understand history of coal mining. The Second Exhibition Room displays paintings and essays born of coal miners’ life stories. The Third Exhibition Room displays historical materials dating from ancient to modern times that relate to “The History and People of the Tagawa Region”.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Fukuoka Airport, 778-1 Shimo Usui, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka Fukuoka Prefecture
- Kitakyushu Airport, 6 Kuko Kitamachi, Kokura Minami-ku, Kitakyushu 800-0306 Fukuoka Prefecture
- 14 Okihamamachi, Hakata Ward, Fukuoka, 812-0031, Japan
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We are careful about coronavirus. ・ We clean the inside and outside of our buses well ・ We do not miss the ventilation of our buses. ・ When the weather is not good, put an air purifier in our buses. ・ We will thoroughly check the driver's health with a preliminary check. Please trust us.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.