World Trade Center 911 and Ground Zero Walking Tour
[Best Valued 2-Hour Experience. All tour guides use Extra Large Posters during presentations.] This tour details the heroism of New York City's firefighters and the survivors of Stairwell "B." Walk in their path and learn how 16 people withstood the collapse of the north tower. Discover the miracle of the 911 surfer, who rode down with 88 stories of falling debris. In addition, grasp how the new World Trade Center was designed and constructed. This is the definitive walking tour of Ground Zero and the 911 Memorial Plaza. A portion of the proceeds from this tour will be donated to the Non-Profit FDNY Foundation. Optional upgrades available for skip-the-ticket-line tickets to the 911 Memorial Museum and One World Observatory. All guests must go through security if Museum or Observatory options are chosen.
per adult from
2 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Narrated 2-Hour Walking Tour using Extra Large Visuals
- 911 Memorial Museum Skip the Ticket Line Access (Upgrade Available)
- One World Observatory Skip the Ticket Line Access (Upgrade Available)
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Gratuities are welcomed and appreciated
- Entry/Admission - The National 9/11 Memorial & Museum
- Entry/Admission - One World Observatory
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Oculus, 33-69 Vesey St World Trade Center, New York City, NY 10003
The experience starts at the Starbucks across the street from the Oculus, the most expensive subway hub in the world. The tour also introduces FDNY Captain John Jonas and his team "the Dragon Fighters."
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: World Trade Center, New York, NY 10007, USA
There we'll continued to an overlook of the World Trade Center Memorial Plaza. From this vantage, one could see the entire complex which includes One World Trade Center, the Reflecting Pools, and the 911 Museum.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Brookfield Place / Battery Park City, Vesey St, New York, NY 10281, USA
The tour proceeds to the World Financial Center. Here you learn about the little known Operation Aegis. The largest rescue by sea in history. Where over 500,000 civilians were evacuated by watercrafts of all sizes.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Winter Garden, 200 Vesey St, New York City, NY 10281-1013
Next we'll visit the reconstructed Winter Gardens, the $60 million 10 story glass pavilion that was devastated during the attacks of September 11th. Next we'll visit the Eleven Tears Memorial, dedicated to the eleven American Express employees lost on that day.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: World Trade Center, New York, NY, USA
Concluding at the new World Trade Center complex, your guide will detail its design and construction. The guide will also cover the mystery of the lost gold and silver reserves of Building Four. In addition, you'll learn about the Survivor Tree, its resilience, survival, and rebirth.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: The National 9/11 Memorial & Museum, 180 Greenwich St World Trade Center, New York City, NY 10007-0089
For those who select the 9/11 Memorial Museum Package, you'll be granted entry into the venue. This museum contains historical artifacts and donated personal items from the World Trade Center attacks. This is a self-guided tour where guests are invited to leisurely explore until closing.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: One World Observatory, 285 Fulton St One World Trade Center, New York City, NY 10007-0089
For those who select the One World Observatory Package, you'll take the HyperSpeed Elevators to the Observatory on the 100th floor. During the 48-second elevator ride, you'll watch a timeline transformation of Manhattan. At the Observatory, be astonished by the amazing views of four different states. This is a self-guide experience where guests are invited to enjoy the Observatory until closing.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Starbucks, 195 Broadway, New York, NY 10007, USA
Return Detail :911 Greenwich St, New York, NY 10006, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All tour guides are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and are required to wear a face mask when conducting tours
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.