World Trade Center 911 and Ground Zero Walking Tour
This 2-hour tour details the heroism of New York City's firefighters and the survivors of Stairwell "B." Walk in their path and learn how 16 people withstood the collapse of the north tower. Discover the miracle of the 911 surfer, who rode down with 88 stories of falling debris. In addition, grasp how the new World Trade Center was designed and constructed. This is the definitive walking tour of Ground Zero and the 911 Memorial Plaza. A portion of the proceeds from this tour will be donated to the Non-Profit FDNY Foundation. Optional upgrades available for skip-the-ticket-line tickets to the 911 Memorial Museum and One World Observatory. All guests must go through security if Museum or Observatory options are chosen.
per adult from
2 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Professional, local guide
- 911 Memorial Museum Skip the Ticket Line Access (Upgrade Available)
- One World Observatory Skip the Ticket Line Access (Upgrade Available)
What's excluded :
- Gratuities are welcomed and appreciated
- Entry/Admission - World Trade Center
- Entry/Admission - Brookfield Place / Battery Park City
- Entry/Admission - One World Trade Center
- Entry/Admission - The National 9/11 Memorial & Museum
- Entry/Admission - One World Observatory
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: The Oculus, 33-69 Vesey St World Trade Center, New York City, NY 10003
The experience starts at the Starbucks across the street from the Oculus, the most expensive subway hub in the world. The tour also introduces FDNY Captain John Jonas and his team "the Dragon Fighters."
Stop At: World Trade Center, New York, NY 10007, USA
There we'll continued to an overlook of the World Trade Center Memorial Plaza. From this vantage, one could see the entire complex which includes One World Trade Center, the Reflecting Pools, and the 911 Museum.
Stop At: Brookfield Place / Battery Park City, Vesey St, New York, NY 10281, USA
The tour proceeds to the World Financial Center. Here you learn about the little known Operation Aegis. The largest rescue by sea in history. Where over 500,000 civilians were evacuated by watercrafts of all sizes.
Stop At: Winter Garden, 200 Vesey St, New York City, NY 10281-1013
Next we'll visit the reconstructed Winter Gardens, the $60 million 10 story glass pavilion that was devastated during the attacks of September 11th. Next we'll visit the Eleven Tears Memorial, dedicated to the eleven American Express employees lost on that day.
Stop At: One World Trade Center, 285 Fulton St, New York City, NY 10007-0089
Concluding at the new World Trade Center complex, your guide will detail its design and construction. The guide will also cover the mystery of the lost gold and silver reserves of Building Four. In addition, you'll learn about the Survivor Tree, its resilience, survival and rebirth.
Stop At: The National 9/11 Memorial & Museum, 180 Greenwich St World Trade Center, New York City, NY 10007-0089
After your walking tour, those who chose the 9/11 museum option will be given tickets and escorted to the entrance of the 911 Memorial Museum. Guests are invited to stay until closing.
Stop At: One World Observatory, 285 Fulton St One World Trade Center, New York City, NY 10007-0089
For those who chose the One World Observatory ticket option, you will be given tickets and escorted to the entrance of One World Observatory. Take the super-fast elevators up to the Observatory located on the 100th floor in under 48 second. During the elevator ride, you'll be watching a timeline transformation of Manhattan on HD monitors. At the Observatory, be astonished by the amazing views. On a clear day, 4 different states can be seen. Guests are invited to enjoy the Observatory until closing.
[Walking Tour: 2 hours]
[911 Memorial Museum: 2 hours]
[One World Observatory: 2 hours]
[Total Experience: 6 hours]
Departure Point :195 Broadway, New York, NY 10007, USA
Return Detail :Financial District, New York, NY 10006, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.