World War II Occupation Small Group Tour
During the 2nd World War Germany occupied The Channel Islands, this was the only part of the British Isles under German control. We tour round the beautiful coastlines showing the well-preserved fortifications built by German soldiers, and museums recreate those dark days with gripping exhibits.
Winston Churchill was reluctant to lose control of the Crown’s oldest possession however the islands offered no strategic benefit to Britain. As a result, 25% of the island, including thousands of school children, were evacuated to the UK.
This tour offers you amazing views and full history of how Guernsey played their part in the second world war.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Small Group Tour
- Full coast tour and World War II tour
What's excluded :
- Food and Drink
- Entrances fees
- Entry/Admission - German Occupation Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: German Occupation Museum, Les Houards, Forest GY8 0BG
The museum provides great insight into everyday life during the occupation, complete with a recreation of an occupation-era street. It is also home to a number of Second World War vehicles and fortifications. The entrance into the WW2 museum is optional - and if you wish to go in you pay locally the entrance fee of £6.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Pleinmont Observation Tower, Pleinmont Headland, Torteval
Enjoy stunning views from this southwest coast of Guernsey, here you can view Hanois lighthouse and Lihou Island, also Jersey and the French coast on a clear day.
We will take you to the WW2 German Naval observation tower, please note we can only enter on Wednesdays and Sundays between March to October 2-5pm. Otherwise we will show you the tower from the outside as we drive past and explain the amazing history.
Departure Point :Guernsey
Traveler pickup is offered
We meet in St Peters Port where the cruise ship drop off their tender ships. If you are staying in St Peters Port and have 4 or more people in your group we can meet at your hotel.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.