World War II Tour
Did you ever wonder why Prague was not heavily bombed such as the other European cities? Together with your local guide you’ll uncover the hidden details in the streets and you will learn about heroic deeds and tragic losses of the Czech nation, reveal the disturbing past of the Czech capital during WW2!
At first you will learn how Czechoslovakia Republic was established in 1918. We will stroll the streets of the Old Town, passing houses which struggled during the Prague Uprising in May 1945, some of them badly destroyed. We'll visit the Jewish Quarter and we go inside former Jewish primary school which operated till 1942. We'll stop by the memorial of Jewish victims of Nazi terror, many of them experienced the cruelty inside the concentration camp Theresienstadt Ghetto.
Finally, you will take a tram to see a crypt where the Czech resistance was hiding after the assassination of the second most important Nazi Reinhard Heydrich.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - National Memorial to the Heroes of the Heydrich Terror
What's excluded :
- Tram ticket 24 CZK
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Republic Square (Namesti Republiky), Namesti Republiky, Prague 110 00 Czech Republic
Find out about the recent recent history of Czechoslovakia.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Old Town Square, Staromestske Namesti, Prague 110 00 Czech Republic
See remains of the building after the bombing by Nazis
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: National Memorial to the Heroes of the Heydrich Terror, Resslova 307/9a, Prague 120 00 Czech Republic
Visit a crypt under the Church of Sts Constant and Method, which served as a hiding place of the assassins of a top Nazi Reinhard Heydrich.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :The Powder Tower, nám. Republiky 5, Staré Město, 110 00 Praha 1, Czechia
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Resslova, Nové Město, 120 00 Praha-Praha 2, Czechia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.