Worldwar 2 running tour Rotterdam
See old and new Rotterdam
The 'brandgrens' (fire- line) marks the part of Rotterdam that was completely destroyed during the bombing on 14 May 1940. It was a black page in the city’s history.
After the Second World War, Rotterdam was in ruins. An ambitious reconstruction project immediately swung into action. Rotterdam had no choice but to reinvent itself. Did it succeed? Some feel that the vibrant 1930’s city centre is lost forever. Others claim Rotterdam has rediscovered its heart.
Run through the old and new parts of the city, bringing old stories back to life in the city of today.
The route is approximately 7km and suitable for all.
per adult from
What's included :
- Every runner gets a bottle of water to stay well hydrated during the run and a souvenir.
- Something to remember the Running Tour by
What's excluded :
- We don’t have a storage possibility nor safe.
- Rotterdam Sight running Tours is ‘run’ by true Rotterdam runners who each of them have finished multiple national and international (ultra-) marathons.
Combining the love for running with the love for the vibrant city of Rotterdam, Rotterdam Sight running Tours will make sure you will have the most unique sightseeing experience.
The Rotterdam Sight running Tours crewmembers want to show you how awesome Rotterdam is!
By combining running and sightseeing, you will have a unique, interactive and indeed a fit way of getting to know this great city.
Wether you are a die hard runner or ‘just a beginner’, we want our tours to be accessible to all types of runners.
Therefore the tours will be approximately 7km and we will be running at a relaxed, conversational pace.
Besides showing you our favorite city, we also want you to have a nice, funky workout:
During our tours we will not only provide you with interesting information and trivia. We will also make sure there is enough picture and fun time and a warm up and cooling down time, as we care about the physical wellbeing of our runners.
Every runner gets a bottle of water to stay well hydrated during the run.
Departure Point :Marathonbeeld - Henk Visch, DR, Willemsplein, 3011 Rotterdam, Netherlands
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Rain or shine, the run will always happen.
- Adjust your clothing to the weather.
- Don’t be late, cause we won’t wait!
- Bring your camera/ smartphone for some nice pictures!
- Don’t bring too many personal belongings.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- - Participants declare no physical complaints 2 days before the tour. - The running tour guides and customers also observe the 1.5 meter rule - Routes of the running tours are chosen that crowds are avoided. - Guides have disinfectant gel with them
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.