WWI Private Day Trip with Ypres Salient Battlefield in Flanders from Paris
Spend a day discovering the fascinating history of the Ypres Salient, a battlefield in the Belgium Flanders region that saw many battles during World War 1. Visit several memorials and cemeteries including the St Julien Memorial and the Tyne Cot Cemetery, where you can pay your respects to the thousands of soldiers who defended this corner of Belgium from the German Army. Walk up to the famous battlefield of Hill 60; see the Menin Gate Memorial; and enjoy free time to explore the town of Ypres at your leisure.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Tank Memorial Ypres Salient - Poelkapelle
- Entry/Admission - Saint Julien Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Essex Farm Cemetery
- Entry/Admission - Hill 60
- Entry/Admission - Tyne Cot Cemetery
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tank Memorial Ypres Salient - Poelkapelle, Brugseweg Kruising Guynemerplein - Brugseweg - Langemarkstraat - Houthulsteweg, Poelkapelle 8920 Belgium
Relax on a scenic drive through northern France to Belgium, where you’ll visit the famous battlefield of the Ypres Salient,
an area that saw many of the biggest battles during World War 1.
Thousands of soldiers from the Commonwealth countries, as well as Germany, France and Belgium, defended the land around the Ypres Salient from the German Army. This battlefield saw numerous deaths during the war, and is now the site of several cemeteries and memorials honoring those who lost their lives there.
Stop At: Saint Julien Memorial, Saint-Julien, Langemark, Ieper (Ypres) Belgium
With your guide, discover these sites including St Julien Memorial, a Canadian memorial sometimes referred to as the 'Brooding Soldier,' and Polygon Wood, the 5th Australian Division Memorial.
Stop At: Essex Farm Cemetery, east side of the N369 Ieper - Boezinge Rd, Ieper (Ypres) Belgium
Next, discover the Essex Farm Cemetery and bunkers, an area used as a dressing station during WWI and often associated with John McCrae, a Canadian soldier who was stationed here. Learn how he wrote ‘In Flanders Fields,’ the famous poem that resulted in poppies becoming one of the world's most recognized memorial symbols for fallen soldiers.
Stop At: Hill 60, Zwarteleenstraat 36-40, Ieper (Ypres) 8902 Belgium
With your guide, walk up to Hill 60, a famous battlefield on raised land that saw heavy fighting during the war. Unlike other battlefields in the Belgium Flanders region, Hill 60 saw a lot of fighting underground in tunnels created by mines.
Stop At: Tyne Cot Cemetery, Tynecotstraat, Zonnebeke 8980 Belgium
Visit the Tyne Cot Cemetery, where many soldiers who died in the Ypres Salient are buried. See the Tyne Cot Memorial to the Missing, the stone wall that surrounds the cemetery containing the names of missing soldiers from the UK and New Zealand.
Stop At: Ieper (Ypres), Ieper (Ypres), West Flanders Province
On your tour, you’ll also have free time to explore the town of Ypres at your leisure and have lunch (own expense).
Stop At: Menin Gate Memorial, Menenstraat Poort gebouw, Ieper (Ypres) 8900 Belgium
See the Menin Gate Memorial in Ypres, which has the names of thousands of missing Commonwealth soldiers inscribed on it,
before enjoying a comfortable ride back to Paris.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Pick-up and Drop-Off is AVAILABLE if staying in one of the following Districts / Arrondissement in Paris: 75001, 75002, 75003, 75004, 75005, 75006, 75007, 75008, 75009, 75010, 75011, 75012, 75013, 75014, 75015, 75016, 75017, 75018)Return point: Returns to original departure point
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.