Xihuacan Culture and Archaeology Tour
Either from Zihuatanejo or Ixtapa take the most complete Xihuacan archaeological tour, this recently discovered ceremonial center is the only one in this continent made out of bricks and modeling clay during the Pre-Columbian period. Have a guided tour through the Cuitlateca vestiges and learn about the ethnic group who took the knowledge of pottery to a higher level.
Travel in a luxury van with a small group of people and enjoy and excellent lunch on a traditional Mexican food and seafood restaurant on the country side with handmade tortillas and fresh fish, chicken or tasty shrimp.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica Soledad de Maciel o Xihuacan
What's excluded :
- The drive from your hotel to the archaeological dig is approximately 45 minutes, spend about 3 hours exploring all of the ceremonial center, then drive 35 minutes to get to the beach and have lunch and from there to the hotel is approximately 40 minutes.
Xihuacan Archaeology Tour includes visit to the Xihuacan Site Museum which houses about 800 objects, that includes: work in ocean shells, ceramic, obsidian vases, bell necklaces, copper axes, stone artifacts and granite carved stones.
Then you will visit the ball court. The ball court is the place where they played the ball game. Linked to religion, the ball game ritual was one of the main activities in pre-Hispanic cities, the ball game was associated directly to the human sacrifice.
The next stop will be at pyramid name Edificio B, which was build out of bricks on the inside and modeling clay on the outside.
Next you will visit the rural community name Soledad de Maciel, where the villagers built houses on top of what it used to be the neighborhood of the high-class citizens during the Pre-Columbian Period.
Go to a traditional Mexican food and seafood restaurant for a great lunch, away from the tourist town of Ixtapa, you will taste some real Mexican style sea food, which consist of one of the following choices:
• Shrimp on garlic sauce or breaded
• Fish filet on garlic sauce or bread or on the grill
• Chicken fajitas or chicken on the grill or chicken breaded
All of the dishes come with guacamole, chips and salsa, hand made tortillas and beans. With lunch you get a beer or a soft drink or coconut milk.
The transportation will be an air-conditioned, very comfortable 14 passenger van.
After lunch you will be transported back to your hotel in Ixtapa Zihuatanejo.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Dates: Daily except on Monday
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child aged 6 and under
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.