Xochimilco; life, food and culture.
With the help of a native host, you will discover the unique flavors of cooking in Xochimilco as you learn about traditions and ways of life. As part of this class, you will visit a local market, choose exotic ingredients, learn to cook typical dishes and eat on board a traditional trajinera on the Xochimilco canals.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Snacks - Food or souvenirs that decide to consume in the market.
- We begin the tour in the Xochimilco market where, in addition to tasting the wide range of foods that are produced and consumed in the town, we will make a historical tour and with a socio-cultural perspective that invites us to look at Xochimilco from a different point than usual. Everything that will be cooked later will be bought in the market, and then prepared in my home kitchen. After cooking we can taste the food we have prepared aboard a traditional trajinera.
• Canales de Xochimilco, Mexico City 16000 Mexico
• Mercado de Xochimilco, Av. Nuevo Leon, Mexico City 16070 Mexico
• Vegetable soup
• Quesadillas - Mushroom, Pumpkin Flower and Huitlacoche.
• Mexican rice - White or red rice
• Mole with chicken - Optional
• Chicken Mixiote - Optional
• Stuffed peppers - Optional
• Season's fruit
Departure Point :Av. 16 de Septiembre 78, Santa Crucita, Xochimilco, 16070 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- If you are allergic to any food, notify it before the event.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.