Xunantich & Iguana Hatchery PRIVATE TOUR
Discover the ancient world of the Maya with a visit to the Xunantunich Maya site Tour then explore the wildlife with a trip to Iguana Hatchery.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Chukka Caribbean Adventures in Belize
- Entry/Admission - Green Iguana Conservation Project
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chukka Caribbean Adventures in Belize, 1 Belize Ave, Belize City Belize
Take a hand-cranked ferry over the Mopan River to the site of Xunantunich (Maiden of the Rock). Xunantunich flourished during the Classic-period andappears to have survived the Maya “collapse” and remainedan important population center until around AD 1000.
A steep, but short climb to the top is recommended as this vantage point provides a breathtaking panoramic view of the surrounding Mopan and Belize River valleys.
Stop At: Green Iguana Conservation Project, San Ignacio Resort Hotel #18 Buena Vista Street, San Ignacio Belize
Add to your visit of the San Ignacio area and take a walk on the wild side. Here you will have the opportunity to visit the Iguana Hatchery through The Green Iguana Conservation Project, founded by the owners of the San Ignacio Resort. The project aims to conserve and look after the endangered Green Iguana species in Belize. Your tour here affords you the unique opportunity to learn about the incubation, hatching, rearing, and releasing process as well, mingle with these wonderful reptiles. A sure fire way to get the kids involved and a great experience to share with their friends.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Digital check-in and waivers available. Dedicated team member at each location,assigned to ensure all protocols are observed. Social distancing guidelines observed in eating areas.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.