Xunantunich & Food Tour from San Ignacio
Xunantunich & Food Tour: YOU, 4 local dishes, 3 Stops, 1 Mayan site
Great adventure, lots lot of fun and food!
This amazing food tour takes in the best of historical and cultural Belizean cuisine with a twist of mayan ingredients that may fire your appetite for more local food and hunger for more of the impressive El Castillo at Xunantunich.
Your late morning brunch or midday dish, after Xunantunich, has you sampling scrumptious salbutes, empanadas and pibil (pork dish) .
Your day concludes a 'Kekchi Maya chocolate making before being taken to your HOTEL/RESORT in San Ignacio town
(for any AIRBnB please contact us to see if pickups are available for you location)
(rice & beans or other local dish can replace Pibil for vegetarians)
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- guided tour of Xunantunich
- Transportation to any hotel in San Ignacio Town (locations outside of Town incur additional FEE)
- Entry/Admission - Xunantunich
- Entry/Admission - Benny's Kitchen
- Entry/Admission - AJAW Chocolate & Crafts
What's excluded :
- Souvenirs, Alcoholic drinks; gratuities
- Transportation to hotels/Resorts OUTSIDE of San Ignacio Town are only available for an extra fee
- infants' car seats & other facilities/expenses required by infants.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Xunantunich, Belize
Your guide/driver will meet you at your hotel/resort in San Ignacio Town for an extraordinary experience of Xunantunich & Food tasting tour. Take your time to enjoy a local experience as you make your way to Xunantunich, crossing the Mopan River on a unique hand cranked ferry, stopping along along very old mounds with remains of very ancient Maya structures. Wind, crawl or hike up the El Castilllo to impressive views of the countryside and neighbouring country.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Benny's Kitchen, San Jose Succotz, Belize
After your extraordinary visit to Xunantunich you will be more than eager to sample 3 dishes before heading on to your chocolate experience. Each of the four local dishes have there special place and significance in local culture. Join us on this extraordinary cultural and historic tour as you flood your palette with tasty blends of belizean cultural cuisine as you explore Belize and meet friendly belizean people.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: AJAW Chocolate & Crafts, Benque Viejo Rd, San Ignacio Belize
After a delicious lunch you will be driving (aprox 20 min) to AJAW chocolate for a chocolate history experience and tasting of 100% organic chocolate from its bean to grinding and tasting - the mayan way. (approx 1hr)
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
TOUR OPTIONS start times are the pickup time from any hotel in SAN IGNACIO TOWN. Must provide name of hotel/resort to confirm location. Any hotel/resort OUTSIDE San Ignacio Town may incur an additional fee depending on distance outside of tour. Certain hotels/resorts may not have options for p/up & drop offs.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- A minimum of two people per booking is required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, pregnant females, heart problems or any other serious medical conditions
- NOT RECOMMENDED: for pregnant women, persons with serious medical conditions
- comfortable footwear for hiking
- hats/caps are recommended for hot dry days, rain coats are advised for rainy weather
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- All St Leonard's Tours will be PRIVATE until further notice. This means ONLY members of one party (family/friends) for any given tour/vehicle EXCEPT for the Chocolate experience which may have other persons (social distancing will be exercised). Guides are compensated on a daily basis
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.