Xunantunich and Cahal Pech from San Ignacio
7:30am - 8am pickup from hotels in SAN IGNACIO Town for 2 great Maya sites: Cahal Pech & Xunantunich, unique places to get yourselves familiar with Maya history. Climb, explore and fascinate yourselves with extraordinary structures built by mysterious Mayan people who continue to captivate our full attention and never ending questions as to who, where and what happened to them. Let yourself be pampered by the cool jungle settings, towering structures, let the Maya land whisper to you many of its secrets through your knowledgeable local guide, let time come to a standstill, while you admire breathtaking views of the forest-covered neighboring sites of Actuncan and San Lorenzo Valley before enjoying lunch at a local Restaurant.
TOUR STARTS from SAN IGNACIO town UNLESS arrangements are made with local provider PRIOR to tour date.
SPECIAL DIETS or ALLERGIES must be informed at time of booking.
EXTRA FEE (payable cash at pickup time) for any pickups & drop offs OUTSIDE SAN IGNACIO TOWN.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Cahal Pech
- Entry/Admission - Xunantunich
- Entry/Admission - Benny's Kitchen
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Entrance fees and meals for infants
- pickups & drop offs to hotels/resorts OUTSIDE of San Ignacio Town
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cahal Pech, San Ignacio Belize
Enjoy this tranquil & unique maya site: 1 - 2 hrs almost to yourself. Cahal Pech gives you a perfect start to maya history before heading to a bigger site - Xunantunich. Cahal Pech and Xunantunich both share an interesting history during the same time periods yet so different in setting.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Xunantunich, Belize
You will explore the majestic Xunantunich maya site ( 1-2 hrs) hike, climb maya structures, enjoy amazing views of the countryside.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Benny's Kitchen, San Jose Succotz, Belize
Enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant. (Lunch may change venue/location only if necessary)
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Public Event and Band Stage, Cayo Welcome Center, San Ignacio, Belize
Traveler pickup is offered
NB: pickups & drop offs OUTSIDE San Ignacio Town need to be confirmed with local provider prior to tour date, since some may incur a minimal EXTRA FEE. Pickups anywhere in Belize City, Belmopan are ONLY available when arranged with local provider prior to tour date. THIS TOUR is not available for any cruise ship guest, this due to duration of tour plus distance from cruise ship terminals (approx 2 - 3 hours depending on location for docking of ship)
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- REQUIRED: min of 2 people, Children must be accompanied with one paying adult
- LOCAL PROVIDER must be informed of any vegetarran, vegan, gluten free or any other FOOF ALLERGY
- Wheelchair accessible; please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately as per local weather on day of tour
- REQUEST FOR car seat must be done at least 24 hours before tour date
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- TOUR NOT AVAILABLE for CRUISE SHIP passengers due to duration of tour plus driving distance to & from cruise ship terminals
- Most travelers can participate
- PICKUP time starts 7am OR EARLIER for any hotel outside of San Ignacio town as per arrangement with local provider - before tour date
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- All St Leonard's Tours will be PRIVATE until further notice. This means ONLY members of one party (family/friends) for any given tour/vehicle EXCEPT for lunch at restaurant(s) which may have other persons (social distancing will be exercised). Guides are compensated on a daily basis
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.