Xunantunich Maya Site with Local Tour guide
Tour guide share their local Knowledge which has been pass on to them by their ancestor. Tour Guides take their time and fit to your schedule, time and share as much information as possible. be in a small group which make a different experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
A 15 minutes drive will take us to the village of San Jose Succotz, where a hand-cranked ferry is used to cross the Mopan River to get to the site of Xunantunich. Xunantunich “maiden of the rock” was known to be a major ceremonial center during the Classic Period and is one of the most popular sites in Belize, because of its uniqueness. The center is composed of six major plazas surrounded by more than 25 temples and palaces. The large pyramid, “El Castillo”, is well known for the frieze or band of stucco decoration which at one time extended around the entire temple. El Castillo rises 130 feet above the main plaza and offers an impressive panoramic view over the Mopan River valley. The site is a late classic period 600 AD to 900 AD which also was the border line influence of el Naranjo a large ceremonial site over in Guatemala. A two hour guided tour would be enough time to visit the main parts of Xunantunich.
Departure Point :6 Far W St, San Ignacio, Belize
Traveler pickup is offered
free Hotel within San Ignacio Town Limits and outside San Ignacio for an additional Fee
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.